PDA

View Full Version : The bug from outer space

RJJ
07-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Have run into the remains of a, very recently dispatched, lower life form whose bodily fluids just will not come off the white paint on our vehicle. Yellow in color, so far resistant to AIO, Bug and Tar remover, and fine machine polish.

Four coats of SG underneath, thoughts?

sillystanger
07-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Wow... sounds like something out of "Aliens"... What polish/pad combo was used? (assuming a PC was used) Did you give clay a try before the polishing?

jmsc
07-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Did you try claying?

Maybe a more aggressive polish?

Maybe a compound?

Is it a stain on the paint or a contaminent?

foxtrapper
07-07-2005, 05:32 AM
Water water water. Bug juice is water based and water soluble. But many times it takes a bit of soaked, especially if it`s been well baked. A soggy paper towel wadded over it for five minutes can work wonders.

buellwinkle
07-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Is this the type of bug you get from outer space? http://www.scores.de/link/download.php?id=41

sillystanger
07-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Is this the type of bug you get from outer space? http://www.scores.de/link/download.php?id=41

LOL, Ohhh that`s just not right... When are people going to learn how evil disco balls are??? I`ve seen it time and time again...

imported_pdsterns
07-07-2005, 11:41 AM
That bug`s brother hit my car yesterday too. It had only been on the nose an hour or two and would not dissolve with water or gunk bug and tar. It removed a lot but still some was left. Took some ScratchX and an MF applicator and it came off it a flash.

brwill2005
07-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Not sure if you have a pressure washer, but they work well to remove bug residue. I spray some dilluted apc on the bug residue, let it dwell for 2 minutes, and romse well with the PW.

RJJ
07-07-2005, 02:45 PM
At least I am laughing over some of the posts. All that is left is a very thin, yellow line, approx 3/16ths by a 32`nd or so. Not the end of the world but why the heck won`t the stuff come off?

RJJ
07-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Sweet success at last.

I received a new product from Top of the Line called the `Tar/Sap/Bug Remover Block` sort of a wierd yellow cellulose (sp?) material that you hack off a piece of and soak in warm water for a few minutes then rub against the paint.

Of course I was a bit concerned so I tried it on a very lower panel and no noticeable marring. So I tried it again and this time rubbed like heck and again no damage so..

After soaking the block again and putting a bit of Griots wash on it I went to the mystery insect and rubbed three or four times, gone-amazing.

Don`t know how or why this works, perhaps it is the "material from outer space"

Check it out.