PDA

View Full Version : AIO under Zaino

rmerikle
07-06-2005, 03:47 PM
I will be detailing with Zaino this weekend. I have read mixed reviews about using AIO before the final Zaino coats. I have only used Zaino once and it did not seem to be as durable as SG. I have read that it may because I used AIO under the Zaino. What do you guys/gals think?

SidiousXXX
07-06-2005, 08:29 PM
I have used Zaino under AIO many many times and it turns out fine. I cannot speak to longevity because I cannot keep anything on my car longer than 2 months. I always have to try something new.

JasonD
07-06-2005, 08:36 PM
AIO is a paint cleaner and Zaino is a sealant, just like SG. You *shouldn`t* have any problems prepping with AIO before either of the two products.

I absolutely love AIO and use it before all my sealants. :xyxthumbs

Scottwax
07-06-2005, 10:34 PM
I used AIO under Z2 Pro x 3 on my brother`s Odyssey in early December and it still looks really good and beads well. Slickness has dropped off but the paint is still smooth. Not bad at all for 7 months out!

JeffM
07-07-2005, 04:47 AM
7 months, and the slickness has dropped :woot2:

What a shame hahaha.

drewski59
07-07-2005, 06:08 AM
I never knew you tried Z, Scott!

I was wondering when you would get around to trying it! The durability might kill your repeat detailings, though, so I understand. :woot2:

Scottwax
07-07-2005, 07:22 AM
I never knew you tried Z, Scott!

I was wondering when you would get around to trying it! The durability might kill your repeat detailings, though, so I understand. :woot2:

Doubt it. I have the kind of customers who want their cars waxed regularly even though they are beading nicely still. Basically, my regulars want their cars taken care of Autopia style. ;)