PDA

View Full Version : Please help me w/ the sequence of detailing

BigLouMaxSE
07-06-2005, 03:23 PM
I have just recieved my Porter Cable 7336sp buffer, and Sonus DAS buffing pads. I have also bought:

Paint Cleaning:

Wash w/ either Dawn Soap or Meg`s Next Gen. Car Wash

Clay Magic Clay Bar

Polishing:

Sonus SFX-2

Sonus SFX-3

Sealing:

???--->Klasse AIO<---???

Klasse SG

MAYBE Meg`s Gold Class Paste

???What I am confused about is this: it is recommended that SFX-3 only be followed by a sealant or wax, NOT a cleansing agent like Klasse AIO, because it will dull the polished finish. SO should I apply AIO BEFORE polishing??? I would think that if I put AIO on the paint surface BEFORE polishing, then the "protective coating" would inhibit the polish from reaching the bare paint. I`ve also heard of people using AIO BEFORE claying, or should I stick with AIO after claying??? Please clear this up for me!!!

Here is a link to my other thread in the machine polishing section: http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58784

I wasn`t sure where to put my specific questions, and since no one has answered as of yet, I figured I would try here.

Thanks in advance!

a.k.a. Patrick
07-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Its really so versatile, you can use it either before you polish to help cleanse, or as a stand alone all in one cleaner/wax-sealant, or after polishing to help remove any oils, a polish may have left. I ordered a bottle way back, and decided it really didnt have a place on my playing field anymore. I dont need its protective qualitites anymore, since i seal with polymers anyway, and I seldom (If at all) have client cars that dont suffer a little wash marring between details, that would require a light polish anyways.....

BigLouMaxSE
07-07-2005, 07:57 AM
bump this back up - the poll is dead even between before and after polishing.

My biggest concern is that when applying AIO BEFORE polishing, that it will put a "protective layer" (read right off the bottle) on the paint and will prevent the polish from actually reaching the paint. Is there ANY truth to the above statement???