PDA

View Full Version : Unwelcome surprise

imported_themightytimmah
07-06-2005, 01:25 PM
I was working on a 92 Miata today that`d been in storage for about a year. The owners just took it out, and they failed to warn me that things might have been living in it. I almost puked when I pulled the seats forward, heres what I found:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/themightytimmah/DSC00017.jpg

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

chml17l
07-06-2005, 01:36 PM
YIKES! I hope you charged them extra to wax the rotting mouse carcass.

imported_series1
07-06-2005, 01:40 PM
That is gross. I`ve detailed a lot of peoples cars but have not seen anything like that. Since it`s been in storage for a year thats probly why it was there and I have not detailed any cars that have been in a garage or storage for awhile.

imported_ajbarnes
07-06-2005, 09:02 PM
:scared: Now that is just sick!

Porkanbeans
07-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Did you call the CDC or something? That is just rude to leave in a car.

Scottwax
07-06-2005, 10:22 PM
I found a dried out, dead frog in that nasty S-10 I did a while back. I also cleaned out a Jeep that had a colony of mice living in it at one point. Mouse droppings and urine stench all through it. Luckily, it is easy to remove the carpeting of a Wrangler, which I did, then pressure sprayed it.

imported_series1
07-06-2005, 10:29 PM
I found a dried out, dead frog in that nasty S-10 I did a while back. I also cleaned out a Jeep that had a colony of mice living in it at one point. Mouse droppings and urine stench all through it. Luckily, it is easy to remove the carpeting of a Wrangler, which I did, then pressure sprayed it.What did you do about the mice. I don`t even think I could stand the smell if I were asked to clean it.

Scottwax
07-06-2005, 10:46 PM
What did you do about the mice. I don`t even think I could stand the smell if I were asked to clean it.

The mice had long since gone but their stench remained. :nervous2:

imported_Jinba ittai
07-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Eeewww. :eek: It must`ve smelled awful in that Miata. I guess they drove it to you with the top down. ;)

There are things you can put in your car and garage to keep the critters out during storage. They need to check into that. Mice can do some serious damage to a car.

Did you charge extra for mouse disposal? :D

imported_memnuts
07-10-2005, 04:37 AM
I was working on a 92 Miata today that`d been in storage for about a year. The owners just took it out, and they failed to warn me that things might have been living in it. I almost puked when I pulled the seats forward, heres what I found:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/themightytimmah/DSC00017.jpg

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Too much Zoom Zoom!!!! :har:

Pats300zx
07-10-2005, 05:50 AM
Thats so gross.... :soscared: :soscared:

imported_guapsnaman
07-10-2005, 07:44 AM
:spit: That`s awesome. I would`ve placed it in a ziplock and given it back to him. It might`ve been an unusal good luck charm,

scottabir
07-10-2005, 11:40 AM
I actually have had a mouse die in my car before...

I left my golf bag in the trunk for a few days. I usually store it in the garage. Well My car alarm had a motion sensor inside and it kept going off at weird times, all hours of the day and night to the point where I would take it in to get serviced and everything checked fine. Well I parked my car for about a week while on vacation in a parking lot...in direct sun. It was a black car with black tinted windows.

I got VERY hot inside :( Well after vacation I got in the car and nearly threw up from the stench inside! I left the doors open for an hour while going to pick up some air freshner. I searched the entire car for anything that could be making the smell. I went thru 2 spray bottles of air freshner a week. I got so sick of the smell I started tearing the interior out to figure out what stunk so bad. only to find a mouse the exploded yes exploded and stuck to the metal wire mesh stuff on the bottom of the passenger seat!! It must have died and then bloated in the extreme heat and well its skin from its stomach was pushed over its head and rear end, it really did explode.

I had the interior professionally cleaned and de-oderized after removing what was left of the mouse.

Scottwax
07-10-2005, 12:41 PM
I actually have had a mouse die in my car before...

I left my golf bag in the trunk for a few days. I usually store it in the garage. Well My car alarm had a motion sensor inside and it kept going off at weird times, all hours of the day and night to the point where I would take it in to get serviced and everything checked fine. Well I parked my car for about a week while on vacation in a parking lot...in direct sun. It was a black car with black tinted windows.

I got VERY hot inside :( Well after vacation I got in the car and nearly threw up from the stench inside! I left the doors open for an hour while going to pick up some air freshner. I searched the entire car for anything that could be making the smell. I went thru 2 spray bottles of air freshner a week. I got so sick of the smell I started tearing the interior out to figure out what stunk so bad. only to find a mouse the exploded yes exploded and stuck to the metal wire mesh stuff on the bottom of the passenger seat!! It must have died and then bloated in the extreme heat and well its skin from its stomach was pushed over its head and rear end, it really did explode.

I had the interior professionally cleaned and de-oderized after removing what was left of the mouse.

http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/tmi.gif

http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/bigeekrun2dn.gif I hope I make it to the bathroom on time...

usdm
07-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Found a dead squirel under the donut in a clients car. He said

the car ad a nasty smell, but everyone he sent the car to just

gave it an air freshener. One guy even told the customer to

take the car back to the dealer cause it may be a warranty

defect or something (bad ac filter for example..)

I have no idea how the squirel got in there, but I can tell you it

scare crap out of me! :rofl

Customer hasn`t had a problem with bad odors ever since.