PDA

View Full Version : Help Please! Look at These Pics...

Figital22
07-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Please someone guide me on how to remove these spots on my recently purchased 02` pathfinder. They are alll on the roof and i have no idea what they are, one of them looks like a rust stain from someone putting a paint can on top of the car. Also how can i remove wax stain from my black door handles and the black weathersealant around my sunroof?

White95Max
07-06-2005, 01:56 PM
What have you tried so far to fix the problems?

Intercooled
07-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Its very hard to tell, but looks like bird bomb etching.

imported_themightytimmah
07-06-2005, 02:50 PM
On the roof - I`d use a rotary, wool pad and Menzerna Powergloss. You could probably use Meguiar`s ScratchX by hand to achieve the same result.

On the wax stains - I use GR-40 Trim Cleaner and CG`s Liquid extreme shine. You could achieve similar results with a little more effort by using a Mr.Clean Magic Eraser and Meguiar`s Gold Class Trim Detailer or #40 Trim Protectant.

Figital22
07-07-2005, 10:59 AM
so far i`ve tried using a toothbrush and just regular car wash soap on both things. The roof and wax stains. nothing has worked. i`m really nervous about that rust spot though. It looks nasty, good thing its on the roof. Anyone, know of a sort of heavy compound i can use with a porter cable?

White95Max
07-07-2005, 03:39 PM
SSR3 and SSR2.5 can be used with the PC.

Figital22
07-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks alot guys, i`ll try out your advice

imported_Burlyq
07-08-2005, 03:50 PM
I use VLRP and MR Clean Majic Eraser to remove old wax and stains from trim, and it works everytime.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/kla-vlrp.html

Also, you might want to try Zaino`s new paint cleanser, I removed oversprayed (rolled on)bedliner from a guys car w/o damaging paint. Stuff is incredible.

Anthony O.
07-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Please someone guide me on how to remove these spots on my recently purchased 02` pathfinder. They are alll on the roof and i have no idea what they are, one of them looks like a rust stain from someone putting a paint can on top of the car. Also how can i remove wax stain from my black door handles and the black weathersealant around my sunroof?

For the rust I`ll tell what I have used and what works and what I have heard you can use.

First I have used an acid wash to remove rust stains and it works. ValuGard sells one as their ABC system. I have also used a rotary with a wool pad and some compound BUT.... you need to make sure that there is no debris on the rusted areas, as in "rust" particles as they will get caught up in the wool pad and leave you with an unsightly mess :scared:

I have heard you can clay these areas but I would tos the clay when done. I have also heard that you can use a paste of water and baking soda and then use a Mr.Clean pad to aply the paste to the area. Others have used OxyCleanser or some form of a cleaner with bleach in it......this I would NOT use.

The stains seem as if they are drops of something on the paint but not like sap or bird poo but more like some form of adhesive or cement. Can`t really know how to remove it if you have no clue what it is.

For the stained trim you a toothbrush and peanut butter. It`s almost always handy and it works well.

Anthony