PDA

View Full Version : Polish or not?

RBW111
07-06-2005, 09:41 AM
I`m considering buying a PC. I don`t have any visible swirls or scratches, but wondering if polishing will help the shine factor. I use Zaino and love the shine. Will polishing take it to the next level? Sorry, can`t post pics----technologiclly challenged.

sQuashed
07-06-2005, 10:46 AM
A tough qustion to answer without pics.. If you totally enjoy the zaino look, then keep it !! If you want to go another route then do so. Certain polishes will not work with zaino too. I myself am a product whore so I use all kinds of different stuff to see what I can achieve.

rollman
07-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Polishing is where the shine comes from . Sealants and waxes protect that shine . I can`t speak for Zaino Products since I have no experience with them .

RBW111
07-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the advice. I guess polishing with a PC can`t hurt, if I`m careful. Just thought it might take the shine to another level.

rollman
07-06-2005, 02:43 PM
. Just thought it might take the shine to another level.

It will but don`t forget steps like claying the paint , each step in the prep adds to your finished look. Perhaps you could try some other products besides Zanio . Use the search to review different products . Click and Brag is a good forum to look over for ideas of how different products change the looks of your finish . Good luck

:buffing:

sinbad
07-06-2005, 02:49 PM
PC will help you spread the Zaino more evenly compared to hand. You will probably use less product when applying with PC.

As with previous posts, prep work is where the shine is. Zaino has a polish described as swirl filler (which probably should have been called a glaze as opposed to polish).