PDA

View Full Version : 4 Days to do Klasse ? Is this correct ?

Pages : [1] 2

Perm
07-06-2005, 03:46 AM
Hi,

Been doing lots of reading...... have now made my mind up and will be using Klasse.

My car gets used every day and is not in a garage. My car is metallic dark blue, 18 months old car. Paint in good condition some scratches and spider webs.

I propose the following:

Day 1

Wash with NXT

Possible clay (will inspect paintwork)

Possible polish (will inspect paintwork)

Klasse AIO

Now how long do I need to wait before apply my top layer wax P21S over AIO ?

I would like to use Klasse SG after AIO however I understand you need to wait 24 hours before applying. This would mean it would take me 4 days to do my car !

Day 1 – wash, dry, clay, polish, AIO

Day 2 – wash, dry, Klasse SG

Day 3 – wash, dry, Klasse SG layer 2

Day 4 - wash, dry, P21S

Is this true ? Correct ? Mad ?

Many thanks

Perm

atticdog
07-06-2005, 03:53 AM
i would say that you can do your first layer of SG right after AIO

then 12 hours after for each additional layer

Richt
07-06-2005, 04:05 AM
I would probaly wash, clay, AIO and do the first coat off SG in one day, no real reason to wait after the AIO before the SG.

The following day I would then try an add a second coat off SG, as you dont have a garage, how about a car cover to prevent having to rewash?

I would then not worrying about topping until maybe the weekend after or next time you come to do a wash.

Perm
07-06-2005, 04:44 AM
Thanks for the advise.

If did not use SG could I apply my wax straight over AIO with no waiting ?

Would AIO + P21S by a lot different in overall impact than AIO + SG + SG + P21S ?

I want my car to have impact but it is my everyday car and hence does not stay spotless for very long.

Cheers

Perm

Richt
07-06-2005, 04:55 AM
You could go AIO staright to your wax. I have done that many times.

The SG will add to the look the main purpose is the protection.

For out and out looks, AIO, Glaze and then wax.

White95Max
07-06-2005, 05:04 AM
Day 1: Wash/Dry/AIO/SG (keep car garaged)

Day 2: Dust off or QD, add SG#2

Day 3: Dust off or QD, add P21S

Perm
07-06-2005, 05:25 AM
White95Max,

Many thanks...... you have saved me a day...... however it will take me a day to clear my things to

make room for the car in my garage ..... lol

Cheers

Perm

imported_steveo3002
07-06-2005, 12:49 PM
how many layers of SG are you guys at?? ive did my first 3 and its looking nice

after buying P21S that i intended to use a topper , i read that it doesnt last long at all, is it really much of improvment??

mataku
07-06-2005, 04:50 PM
lol.. if you are going to get into detailing you really should try to get rid of any garbage you have in the garage. It will save you LOADS of time and keep your car in a lot better condition.

White95Max
07-06-2005, 06:44 PM
how many layers of SG are you guys at?? ive did my first 3 and its looking nice

after buying P21S that i intended to use a topper , i read that it doesnt last long at all, is it really much of improvment??

I have never tried SG. See my sig for my current combo.

P21S is probably similar in durability to Paste Glaz. It`s mostly just a beauty wax, not really meant for long-term protection. I don`t have a problem rewaxing my car every few weeks to get that added glow that Paste Glaz provides.

imported_series1
07-06-2005, 07:42 PM
I have used P21S over 2 coats of SG and I think it is worth it because it makes the paint wetter. P21S can probly last a month if your car is taken car of such as washing it before it gets really dirty and using a qd. And I`m with what White95Max said about not having to rewax every few weeks.

Asmodaus
07-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Since we`re on the topic...

I put AIO then s100. Will the SG really make that big of a difference for the price?

Thanks

JasonD
07-06-2005, 08:33 PM
The durability difference between SG and S100 is like night and day. S100 is a carnauba wax which will only last you a few weeks at best vs. SG which is a pure sealant which will last a few months.

You can also achieve a better look by applying multiple coats of SG and then top it with your S100. The look and durability will be top notch.

Asmodaus
07-08-2005, 10:41 AM
I`m not thinking of s100 being more durable than SG. I mean does SG make that much of a differnce in the already supurb AIO shine? Isn`t Klasse AIO durable? Isn`t that the point?

White95Max
07-08-2005, 10:59 AM
No, AIO isn`t meant to be a durable protectant. The Klasse system is meant to be done with both AIO (to clean the paint) and SG (to protect the cleaned paint).