PDA

View Full Version : Question for Calgarians - HOW do you manage to wash your cars?

Inzane
07-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Your recent water ban notwithstanding, in normal everyday life in Calgary its my understanding that you guys have a strictly enforced bylaw that basically outlaws washing your cars in your own driveway. (the reason being I think that the storm drains, being independant of the domestic sewage system, are not setup to handle waste chemicals, etc. such as car soap).

So how do you guys survive, being Autopians? I can`t imagine being able to maintain a swirlfree finish being limited to going to the "car wash" only. Do you have to rely soly on QEW? Do you get up at 6AM and wash your car on the driveway anyway when no one`s looking? Or what?

:think:

On a side note I wonder how businesses selling car detailing products survive in Calgary.. Even chain stores like Canadian Tire must have trouble selling things like pressure washers, car soap, Mr. Clean Autodry, etc.. you`d think?

Jason

calgarygts
07-06-2005, 06:50 AM
I use a wash mitt and a spray bottle with a car wash mix in the wand wash bay and hope nobody gets mad at me for taking longer. I do use the pressure washer to rinse the car off after, and sometimes wax it right there after drying. Haven`t been honked at yet.

sneek
03-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Your recent water ban notwithstanding, in normal everyday life in Calgary its my understanding that you guys have a strictly enforced bylaw that basically outlaws washing your cars in your own driveway. (the reason being I think that the storm drains, being independant of the domestic sewage system, are not setup to handle waste chemicals, etc. such as car soap).

So how do you guys survive, being Autopians? I can`t imagine being able to maintain a swirlfree finish being limited to going to the "car wash" only. Do you have to rely soly on QEW? Do you get up at 6AM and wash your car on the driveway anyway when no one`s looking? Or what?

:think:

On a side note I wonder how businesses selling car detailing products survive in Calgary.. Even chain stores like Canadian Tire must have trouble selling things like pressure washers, car soap, Mr. Clean Autodry, etc.. you`d think?

Jason

lol during the day is also good because nobodys home

and I have become friends with a local coin op car wash

boci
03-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I do my wash in the back alley

sneek
03-17-2006, 04:47 PM
:welcome

where abouts do you live?

boci
03-17-2006, 09:14 PM
:welcome

where abouts do you live?

Hi, Sneek

I recognized your name from Meguiar`s forum

I live in Erlton

sneek
03-18-2006, 05:27 PM
cool! i live in edgemont

ya i love meguiar`s lol as of now i have 903 posts :rolleyes: lol need to spend less time on MOL

Edit:i looked you up on meguiars online and you have no posts!!!

boci
03-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Edit:i looked you up on meguiars online and you have no posts!!!

I know, I`ve been doing lots of reading and never posted anything, as I`m still new in this whole thing.

Not much experience to give advice, and because of "great" weather in Calgary I still did not start any serious work on my car.

But come spring-summer that all will change, I`ll hopefully have something to say and I`m sure more to ask.

Cheers