PDA

View Full Version : need help WG or clearkote

DSVWGLI
07-05-2005, 07:53 PM
I would like to add a glaze to my arsenal. I`m torn between ClearKote Red moose Machine Glaze and WG pre-wax polish enhancer, what do you think? I use WG DGPS as my main sealant so I`m kinda thinking to go with the WG but would like to hear what you think.

Bill D
07-05-2005, 07:59 PM
My impression of the WG polish enhancer is that it is sort of the same idea as AIO but AIO is better. If you`re thinking glaze and Wolfgang, perhaps Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is something to consider.

imported_MCA
07-05-2005, 08:19 PM
I definitely agree with Bill. I find the WG polish enhancer to be strictly a chemical cleanser...cleans the surface without leaving any significant (if any) oils/protection behind --> exactly what the product is suppose to do. But I also find AIO to be slightly better at cleaning.

With that said you could:

1. Use the WG polish enhancer to clean the surface

2. Follow-up with RMG to hide some slight marring and enhance looks

3. Use LSP of your choice.

Just my $.02,

MCA

Scottwax
07-05-2005, 08:50 PM
I`d go with AIO. Works very well with WG and like others have said, it cleans the paint better than WG`s pre-cleaner. RMG is a great product too and seems to work well with sealants but I just think AIO is the best sealant base.

RMG is hard to beat with topped with carnaubas or EX w/carnauba though. :)

DSVWGLI
07-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks for your input guy`s. Scottwax, I`ve thought about AIO but heard it can be a pain in the a@# to remove. I fogot about the new WG products (finishing glaze) I wonder if that is close to RMG?

Scottwax
07-05-2005, 10:39 PM
I haven`t used the new WG finishing glaze. I`ve been using the DP Final Finishing Polish lately. Really good stuff.

DSVWGLI
07-05-2005, 10:54 PM
I haven`t used the new WG finishing glaze. I`ve been using the DP Final Finishing Polish lately. Really good stuff.

Scottwax, I`ve never heard of DP. Is this somthing new? Is it similar to RMG?

Richt
07-06-2005, 12:30 AM
I like AIO to clean, RMG to glaze, and then sealed with RMG on my black car.