PDA

View Full Version : 4 steps to perfection?

Davy
07-05-2005, 09:06 AM
Step 1: Autoglym SRP

24hrs

Step 2: Klasse AIO

24hrs

Step 3: Nxt Tech Wax

24hrs

Step 4: P21S

Will the SRP before the AIO be beneficial in any way or am I wasting my time using SRP first?

Anyone see any compatability issues between these products assuming the mandatory 24 hours between each coat is adhered too.

In reality with the lovely weather we get in Ireland I might have to wait a week before I can move on to another step(no garage) is this too long between steps?

Thanks for your help.

Davy

Richt
07-05-2005, 09:22 AM
SRP and AIO are doing more or less the samme thing, SRP has a little bit more off a polish to it, AIO is more chemical in its cleaning. I would choose which ever one you prefer using.

I wouldnt wait any time after the AIO or Super Resin before adding the NXT but would with the NXT before the carnuba.

Accumulator
07-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah, choose between the AIO and the SRP. If the finish is flawless, go with the AIO; if the finish has light marring, go with the SRP (it`s more forgiving). If the panels need (chemical) cleaning, go with the AIO. If a combo of these factors...flip a coin ;) J/K, I sorta like SRP better than AIO but that`s just me.

I would`t even use the NXT, I`d just top the above with wax.

With the SRP, I`d wait a day until topping.

Lowejackson
07-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Or you could AIO and then SRP but apply with very light pressure. This way AIO cleans and SRP acts in a protective capacity only

Davy
07-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the input guy`s. I am hearing alot of mixed reports on Autopia about NXT. Should I take it out of the equation and use it on my caravan? Lots of people go the Klasse AIO followed by a nice Carnauba topper. I must admit it does cut down the steps and time and I could top immediately after using Klasse AIO. Protection means alot to me in my detailing. Would the Klasse on it`s own followed by P21S offer what protection NXT does if I we`re to remove the NXT?

More products means more protection in my mind. Maybe I need to re-look at this paradigm.

Thanks again

Davy

Lowejackson
07-05-2005, 12:52 PM
You could SRP, wait a few hours then add EGP, wait 12 hours and then wax.