PDA

View Full Version : Polish / wax question...First post!

Anthony8858
07-05-2005, 05:30 AM
Just want to say hello to all.

I recently bought a 2005 BMW 745i / Jet Black.

My "detail kit" is a PC 7424 with ALL the pads, and the full Menzerna polish/wax kit.

Here`s my question....

Yesterday, I polished with Final Polish II (after a good wash of course), then something came up, and I had to quit for the day.

Right now, my car is sitting with POLISH ONLY.

Is my finish safe without wax?

Can the wax wait until the weekend?

Thanks

Mad iX
07-05-2005, 05:35 AM
I wouldn`t worry.

You`ll probably have to wash or wipe it down again, and maybe (unlikely) polish.

Of course, if you see any bird bombs or tree sap, get rid of it ASAP.

Carl Anderson
07-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Congratulations on your new car! I have a Jet Black M3, and while it is difficult to keep pristine, when it is it can`t be beat. Be sure to pick up some high quality microfiber towels for drying (I purchased mine from PakShak.com). No problem at all waiting a few days between polishing and waxing, other than you will need to wash again prior to waxing.

Anthony8858
07-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Mad ix:

LOL.....

I looked at your product gallery. Very impressive :shocked

Since you`ve pretty much tried them all....How about recommending the best detail polish / wax for my car?

2005 BMW 745i Jet black.

Mad iX
07-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Thanks. I like just about everything. Each product has its own pros and cons, and depending on the person, those pros and cons can differ greatly.

It`s all about finding a product that best suits your own personal needs and preferences.

If I have recommend something, then I`d go with AIO after Menzerna, and top with multiple layers of UPP. If you ask me the same question next week, I`d probably give you a different answer.