PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Question

Pages : [1] 2

imported_series1
07-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Sorry to bring this up and ask you guys this but has anybody tried any of their compounds. Here is the website that shows the ones I`m talking about http://chemicalguys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCWCCP&Category_Code=COM The only reason I ask this is because I heard their similar to poorboys SSR1-SSR2-SSR2.5-and SSR3. If anybody knows anything about this please post. P.S. I don`t want this thread to be going crazy like the last post about Chemical Guys so lets be nice.

imported_truzoom
07-04-2005, 09:12 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58569&highlight=SSR

*edit, it appears that thread doesn`t really seem to answer your exact question. I did some searches and I haven`t found any dedicated reviews on their polishes yet. Sorry.

imported_series1
07-04-2005, 09:18 PM
I`m searchin around too. Thanks for helping though.

imported_series1
07-04-2005, 09:36 PM
I just found out somethin interesting. Chemical guys lazer buff and scratch remover which is the same color as Poorboys SSR 2.5 contains silicones and wax while SSR2.5 does not. I found this out at chemical guys and autogeeks websites.

imported_themightytimmah
07-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Laser Buff isn`t SSR2.5. It`s more of a production product, something that you can use to get a trashed car decent in an hour or so via rotary. It`s not really aimed at Autopians, but its a great one-step buff for the pro. I`ll probably be picking up a gallon sometime soon, as I`ve seen more and more customers with pretty rough finishes who don`t want to spend the 75-125 for a full 3-step compounding.

JasonD
07-05-2005, 12:00 AM
Sorry to bring this up and ask you guys this but has anybody tried any of their compounds. Here is the website that shows the ones I`m talking about http://chemicalguys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCWCCP&Category_Code=COM The only reason I ask this is because I heard their similar to poorboys SSR1-SSR2-SSR2.5-and SSR3. If anybody knows anything about this please post. P.S. I don`t want this thread to be going crazy like the last post about Chemical Guys so lets be nice.

The problems come in when there is an attempt of direct comparison to another product line. Please try to discuss CG`s products as CG`s products and nothing else.

You are asking about the CG`s compound lineup so let`s stick to that. There`s no need to try to decide if it`s the same as a PB`s product or not. It won`t make it any better or worse.

Thank you for your cooperation.

imported_series1
07-05-2005, 12:08 AM
I understand JDookie. In that case has anybody ever tried these products and had good experience with it cause for the price it`s a pretty good deal.

Gen2
07-05-2005, 03:04 AM
Hi JDookie, just to clarify. I thought it is pretty normal here to compare products from different companies ? Its just like people would like to know how PowerPolish performs as compare to Optimum Polish.

In fact my friend is going over to US next week and I am actually thinking to post and make an enquiry which product in CG is closest to PB SSR2.5 so that I can ask him to bring some back. So just to confirm am I violating any rules to make such an enquiry ?

Pats300zx
07-05-2005, 04:30 AM
I have no problems making comparisons between different manufacturers. Dont we compare Meguiars #80 and #83 vs SSR 2.5, vs 3M etc. As long as the threads don`t turn into a flame fest I think we should have discussions on different products. :nono

Gen2
07-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Thanks for clearing up, in that case I would really need some input from fellow Autopians here who have tried CG compound and can share which product come closet to PB SSR2.5 ?

94BlkStang
07-05-2005, 07:43 AM
Thanks for clearing up, in that case I would really need some input from fellow Autopians here who have tried CG compound and can share which product come closet to PB SSR2.5 ?

What other lines of products have you used besides the PB polishes? Do you polish in the sun? and is that important to you? Are you using a PC or a Rotary? Knowing these kind of answers can also help people make a recommendation. :D

Gen2
07-05-2005, 07:57 AM
I have used IP, #83 and 3M PI3 RC. Sometime I have no choice but to polish in the sun. I use both rotary and a PC.

Some of the paint defects I faced have to go a few passes with the existing products I have and sometimes many passes. Personnally I have not tried the PB SSR2.5 but one of my friend did and his comment on SSR2.5 is pretty good but he has run out of it. So that`s the reason why I am trying to find more details regarding CG compound or polish, any product which is similar to PB SSR2.5 and would like to give it a try.

holland_patrick
07-05-2005, 08:11 AM
As far as I know of I haven`t seen a direct comp between the two and there are only = to 1,2,3 there is no 2.5 level I have seen someone asking if you mix 2 and 3 but if you ask me that might not work but i`m not a chemist and I`m not an expert on abrasives. I have not had luck with the pB polishes and I`m a IP,FP, Big O guy. But in a pinch I have 2.5 ,2,and 1 incase i can`t get out of sun.

RCBuddha
07-05-2005, 08:11 AM
I have no problems making comparisons between different manufacturers. Dont we compare Meguiars #80 and #83 vs SSR 2.5, vs 3M etc. As long as the threads don`t turn into a flame fest I think we should have discussions on different products. :nono

I agreee with Pats300zx, it is only natural to compare one product to another. I think trying to claim that one product IS another w/o hard evidence is where the mods take issue. Am I correct?

Detailer4Life
07-05-2005, 09:41 AM
I am not going to compare, but I will tell you one thing, I bought the Chemical Guys CGC-1 and CGC2 way before anyone had even started talking about the Chemical guys and I have used them over the years with great results. The Compounds are professional grade top Quality. I have tried many products from "Various" companies and I can tell you one thing many smaller companies sell products that claim they have (No Silicone or Waxes) when in fact they do, I receive mislabeled products as samples all the time.. I have used the CG Laser Buff Compound on many vehicles and I have yet to be disappointed,.

themightytimmah is correct, and as always well educated. (hats off to you) the product cuts your work time in half and is perfect for someone who doesn’t want to buy all 3 compounds. I would say it is great product, not to be compared because I use 1-3 gallons a week and have had many years of comparison under my belt. Some advice, if you need a Silicone Free Polish product for lighter jobs as a finishing product or followed by a sealant they have an extreme all in 1 polish that is very nice too…