PDA

View Full Version : Carpet cleaners available in the UK

ohms69
07-04-2005, 03:04 PM
I want to clean the carpet on my GT turbo, the carpet is red in colour more or less the same as a 205GTI`s. I`ve been putting this off for some time because I`m worried about using the incorrect product and doing more harm that good. :nervous2:

It`s not filthy dirty, but it isn`t as I would like and having never been cleaned in 14 years I think it`s about time I bit the bullrt!

I`m in the Uk and would like to buy products that are available over the counter here in blighty.

What should I use?

benpocock
07-04-2005, 03:45 PM
I`ve found Autoglym Interior shampoo to be very good. Spray in on, give it a good scrub and vacuum.

Ben

Richt
07-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Same here, although I have been using the trade version which allows you to water it down to either the same strength as the off the shelf one or stronger for dirtier work which is always handy. I used to use this on my red 205 carpets and it worked a treat.

scottabir
07-05-2005, 12:37 AM
Do you ahve access to Prestone Foaming carpet cleaner? That is great stuff and VERY safe for your carpet.

AndyC_1
07-05-2005, 01:56 AM
I did my 205 using GSRStilez`s tips. I used Oxy Action in warm water and extracted with my trusty Earlex vac. Came up a treat with only 1 or 2 cigarette burns remaining (not mine I hasten to add).

I removed all seats to do it as this allowed me access to the hard to reach areas.

MPC or APC+ also work very well and I`ve also used Bissell shampoo before.

Lowejackson
07-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Oxi-clean, Autoglym or Woolite are all effective at cleaning.

m4xmw
07-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Woolite has worked wonders for me too.

Carpets and seats,

Spray it on, then use a terry towel wrapped around a stiff upholstery brush and rub.... try it and see how effective this method is.

Mark