PDA

View Full Version : Should SSR1 Produce Dust?

mrmatt
07-04-2005, 11:54 AM
I just applied Poorboys SSR1 via my Porter Cable. My question is should this product produce dust after getting worked into the paint? I got excelent results on my white Toyota Tacoma. It would be nice to know if I`m working in the product to much or if not long enough. Also how many pads do you go thru when you use SSR1? I only used one. Pad was a little crusty and really hard to clean up, but not as hard as cleaning my pad that had poorboys polish on it!

Matthew

Prometheus
07-04-2005, 12:16 PM
SSR1 (and all the SSR`s for that matter) dust if you use too much. It really takes almost no polish to polish a 2x2 foot area. A strip about an inch wide and pretty thin should do it. A good measure is a little bigger than a nickle, but smaller than a quarter. The first time you use the pad that day it may need mroe to prime the pad, but after it is primed this method works really well. I have used 1 pad on an entire car, but on average I would say you probably use about a pad per half car. On SUV`s and larger trucks you would need more obviously, but for an average size car or small truck 2 is probably enough. Could get by with one if need be. Hope this helps.

imported_Blake
07-04-2005, 01:29 PM
When you said your pad got a little crusty I would have guessed that you used too much product. I usually dampen the pad with a QD (S&W) and then use a small amount of product and work it in. I would use the same procedure with any other product such as one of the Meg`s polishes. Works for me. :buffing: :buffing:

mrmatt
07-06-2005, 09:16 AM
I will have to try the QD on my pad. Also on my next detail I will use two pads, this should make a big change in the end result.

matt

imported_DARKSTI
07-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Poorboy said that using a QD on the pad will change the chemical properties of the polish a lot. He said for best results use a dry pad.

imported_Blake
07-06-2005, 12:21 PM
That`s interesting. It works for me damp so......I didn`t expect S&W to change any properties but...