PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars.. in which order??

littlejohn
07-04-2005, 03:06 AM
Hi all,

I`ve just purchased a Makita 9227, but am a little confused as to which Megs products to use and which order.

I`ve just done a 2000 Suby RX that has never been polished and only washed on occasions. On the whole the paint was ok, but heavily swirled and pitted.

I started to use the swirl remover 2.0 with the yellow megs pad, but found that there were still swirls left over.

Also, is there another product I should be using before I use the NXT wax?

Any suggestions appreciated

Richt
07-04-2005, 03:18 AM
Consensous on her seems to think that the Swirl Remover fills alot, but people have had sucess with a rotary with it. For heavy swirls you need to use something with a bit more bite if it hasnt cut it.

You could always try some Speed Glaze #80 first, and if that doesnt help step up to DCAP.

audio1der
07-04-2005, 06:03 AM
Consensous on her seems to think that the Swirl Remover fills alot, but people have had sucess with a rotary with it. For heavy swirls you need to use something with a bit more bite if it hasnt cut it.

You could always try some Speed Glaze #80 first, and if that doesnt help step up to DCAP.

Agreed- try #80. It`s fine enough that you don`t have to follow it before your LSP, and often makes a 1 step polishing job out of things. Swirl remover will only rid you of the finest swirls, and it does have a lot of fillers, so you`re truly only hiding them.

"DACP"- Dual Action Cuttinh Polish aka Meg`s #83.

C. Charles Hahn
07-04-2005, 07:01 AM
"DACP"- Dual Action Cuttinh Polish aka Meg`s #83.

Uh.... no. It`s not "cutting polish" -- it is Dual Action CLEANER Polish. #83. DACP can be used as a one-step polish as well if it is worked in correctly. Most people don`t let it break down enough before removal, hence why they get haze; I`ve NEVER had that problem. :hairpull

paco
07-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Pitting... depending on how bad they were, it may require Wet Sanding or they could technically be beyond repair.

As for Swirls, it sounds pretty bad so I`d start with Speed Glaze first and if that wasn`t enough, then I`d move up to DACP or Compound Power Cleaner polishing pad.

1st - Speed Glaze (finishing pad)

2nd - DACP or CPC (polishing pad), followed by Speed Glaze (finishing pad).

If you work Speed Glaze correctly, you won`t need Swirl Free Polish or Swirl Remover 2.0. However, if you have slight hazing, SFP works well. It`s just pretty oily and you may end up hiding the swirls rather than removing them.

You can then top off with NXT.

Paco

littlejohn
07-04-2005, 08:36 PM
ok... I shall try again this w/e... thanks guys. :D