PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody top Z2Pro?

SidiousXXX
07-03-2005, 09:04 PM
I was thinking of this because in all honesty it does not look as good as I thought it would compared to the old version. I have 4 coats on with Z8 between them all.

Thats another thing, I dont see what the big deal with Z8 is, really could not tell much of a difference. I was hoping the Z2Pro would be as slick as UPP. Hmm Maybe I will put UPP on top off the Zaino on a test pannel.

imported_hadboosttroy
07-03-2005, 09:22 PM
I`ve topped 3 coats of pro with p21s. honestly the only reason i did it was because i had never used p21s, it had just come in the mail, and i was itching to do "something" to the paint. topped or not, i really have no preference as i think they both look awesome.

Scottwax
07-04-2005, 07:45 AM
I ended up topping Acrylic Jett on my black 626 (AJ has a similarly clear and wet appearance when compared to Z2 Pro) with a carnauba but on lighter colors/metallics, I would leave as is. It all depends on what looks best to you.

DM101
07-04-2005, 11:48 AM
P2 just doesn`t give my red metaflake the pop of say pinnicle sov. does.

imported_Burlyq
07-04-2005, 02:17 PM
P2 just doesn`t give my red metaflake the pop of say pinnicle sov. does.

Waxes are more forgiving on a bad prep job. If it`s prepped properly it doesn`t matter what product you use for a LSP. You still need decent prep with waxes, but they still are more forgiving that any sealant. P21s works more like a sealant than a wax IMO, you need good prep with this product. P21s clear deep wax that is easy on/off, doesn`t have the warmth and forgiving nature of some waxes, but if it`s prepped well boom makes metalic pop.

Matt M, PA
07-05-2005, 07:35 AM
I really am very happy with the new Z2 Pro. I also really like the new Z8. While I did not see a dramatic difference when adding Z8 over Z2, I do see it as a permanent fixture in my closet. Here`s why.

I use Z8 after every wash. I use a CR system, so I don`t dry the vehicle. I do interior stuff, wash another vehicle..whatever, until it dries. Then, a coat of Z8 (as opposed to using the time to dry) adds some slickness, gloss, and Z protection. My vehicles have never looked better longer.

I also think that not drying the vehicle helps the life of the polish.