PDA

View Full Version : NEVER leave your PC on the roof!

David703
07-03-2005, 07:14 PM
I was helping a friend detail his new BMW 330i. I started to polish the roof and the PC stopped. I looked at the plug and it didnt seem to be unplugged from the extension cord. In fact it looked fully plugged in. Anyway I put the PC on the roof pad side down and went to the cord to jiggle it. Well anyway, it was the connection and the PC started up, but not before it dented the roof with two nice sized, what looks like door dings. So now I have to get my paintless dent guy to remove the dings...... :nono NEVER NEVER leave your PC on your car.... :bawling:

Reflections1
07-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear about such a horrible mishap.

Can you give me the name and number of youPDR Guy? If its against the rules to post that info, Please PM it to me. I have a few of my own (Vandalism) and the guys around here only cater to dealerships

imported_guapsnaman
07-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Ummm. I think it would be better to say that you should ALWAYS turn the switch to the off position before playing with the plug.

This can go in the "What`s the biggest mistake..." thread.

Hemi57
07-04-2005, 03:08 PM
I was helping a friend detail his new BMW 330i. I started to polish the roof and the PC stopped. I looked at the plug and it didnt seem to be unplugged from the extension cord. In fact it looked fully plugged in. Anyway I put the PC on the roof pad side down and went to the cord to jiggle it. Well anyway, it was the connection and the PC started up, but not before it dented the roof with two nice sized, what looks like door dings. So now I have to get my paintless dent guy to remove the dings...... :nono NEVER NEVER leave your PC on your car.... :bawling:

David703. Down here in A/NZ (Australia New Zealand that is) we have a word for that. "BUGGER". :doh

sQuashed
07-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Here in the states and if that was my friend doing stupid things to my car, the words would be a little harsher.

JasonD
07-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Oh well, live and learn. We`ve all made mistakes.

imported_series1
07-04-2005, 03:26 PM
That sucks, sorry to hear it happened. Like JDookie says we all make mistakes.

Asonyexec
07-06-2005, 11:50 AM
That is why the best purchase I`ve made so far is my rubbermaid utility cart. I can pull it along with me as i work on the car and place all my tools and products on it. Gone are the days of walking in & out of the garage to get towels, or placing my PC on the groound ect.

buellwinkle
07-06-2005, 05:13 PM
I always said that PC buffers are just as dangerous as a rotary buffer and both can damage your car. Good luck with the pdr repairs, those guys do amazing stuff.