PDA

View Full Version : Attn: AG EGP Users

zey
07-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi all, I was applying a layer of AG SRP (Super Resin Polish) and topped up with a layer AG EGP (Extra Gloss Protection) with a piece of AG Perfect Polishing Cloth. After that, I left that piece of cloth soaked with EGP on the paint surface for about 10 minutes. Later I found out that the area which I left the cloth on has got many tiny paint blisters! I wonder how could that happen. End up I pulled out my rotary machine to remove those blisters. Has anyone here experienced this before?

LamboJay
07-03-2005, 10:28 AM
I use nothing but SRP/EGP on my car and have never run into anything like what you describe. Then again, I`ve never left a cloth on the car while it was curing either. Still I don`t see how that would cause paint blisters. Are you sure they were paint blisters or just thick spots of EGP built up? EGP can be hard to remove if applied to thick.

zey
07-03-2005, 10:32 AM
LamboJay, thanks for your reply. Definitely it`s not the thick spot of EGP. I guess it matters with the paint material too. As EGP contains petroleum distillate, it might affect the paint material which I`m having and causes micro-blisters. How and why it happened, I have no idea. Maybe chemist will have a better idea.

Lowejackson
07-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Very strange. In over 10 years of using EGP I have never heard of such a strange phenomenon.

D3mon
07-03-2005, 12:10 PM
It`s not inconceivable that a high concentration of a petroleum-based product (which doesn`t almost instantly evaporate - as in normal use) if forced to `sit` against a paint surface, will start to break down the composition of the the clear coat. Hell, if plain old bird sh#t can do it, no problem for a petroleum chemical!

What could have been worse, is that the cloth could have spontaneously combusted, which has been known to happen to with discarded product-soaked rags.

rivest777
07-06-2005, 02:44 AM
doesnt EGP dissolve fillers or wax or something? i dont remember what i read a while ago.