PDA

View Full Version : Edge Pad fell apart.

Indy Ram
12-30-2004, 11:05 AM
Has anyone seen when the internal disk has come free and spins inside? FWIW it`s now more of a diamond shape, where the holes are it puffed out. One good thing is it didn`t implode or anything and my paint was never in danger.

Right now I don`t see where it`s a design problem and I`m not trying to disparage the product. After all it`s pretty much just glued togther and don`t all pads use glue?

Now I know that you are to keep the pad level, no more than a 10 deg angle. But I was using it on the pickup bed. When I was doing the horizontal 3" wide part I had the PC balanced over top with the spindle over the paint. Now when I did up near the cab I couldn`t do that. So one side of the pad was stressed more. And I did hit 5.5 on the dial. Then again I don`t use any added downward pressure. I hope that they aren’t that sensitive.

I will keep the pad if anyone wants to inspect it.

Patrick
12-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Which pad, what product. Some pads wont support certain products due to consistancy.

AutopiaAdmin
12-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Has anyone seen when the internal disk has come free and spins inside? FWIW it`s now more of a diamond shape, where the holes are it puffed out. One good thing is it didn`t implode or anything and my paint was never in danger.

Right now I don`t see where it`s a design problem and I`m not trying to disparage the product. After all it`s pretty much just glued togther and don`t all pads use glue?

Now I know that you are to keep the pad level, no more than a 10 deg angle. But I was using it on the pickup bed. When I was doing the horizontal 3" wide part I had the PC balanced over top with the spindle over the paint. Now when I did up near the cab I couldn`t do that. So one side of the pad was stressed more. And I did hit 5.5 on the dial. Then again I don`t use any added downward pressure. I hope that they aren’t that sensitive.

I will keep the pad if anyone wants to inspect it.

How close are you to Folcroft, PA? The Edge Pads are made by Dedication To Detail, Inc and I am sure that Aaron or Saul would be happy to inspect this pad and offer their advice.

Dedication to Detail, Inc.
Park Square North, Suites 1&2
777 Henderson Blvd
Folcroft, PA 19032

1-800-315-EDGE (3343)

customerservice@dedicationtodetail.com

Phil
12-30-2004, 11:36 AM
I never used edge pads, but like em` I wish I could help you. Did you ever consider contacting them?

Ps
Mustang 00`s suck I wanna "05" baby!

e-klasse
12-30-2004, 12:01 PM
How close are you to Folcroft, PA? The Edge Pads are made by Dedication To Detail, Inc and I am sure that Aaron or Saul would be happy to inspect this pad and offer their advice.

777 Henderson Blvd
Folcroft, PA 19032

1-800-315-EDGE (3343)

Please take the time to give Aaron a call. He will want to hear from you, and his customer service is top-notch.

Scott P
12-30-2004, 12:17 PM

777 Henderson Blvd
Folcroft, PA 19032

1-800-315-EDGE (3343)

Folcraft is on the opposite side of the state from Pittsburgh. You know how Pennsyltucky is. Two populated area (with electricy and indoor plumbing) on opposite ends of the state and a big ol` land of nuthin` in the middle. :D

Indy Ram
12-30-2004, 12:20 PM
FYI,

I called The Edge people and they have done everything that I could of asked. They will replace the pad and any that I have trouble with.

So I see this as a positive. I think that any product will at time have failures. All I care about is good support and they have shown that they stand behind their product.

Indy Ram
12-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Folcraft is on the opposite side of the state from Pittsburgh. You know how Pennsyltucky is. Two populated area (with electricy and indoor plumbing) on opposite ends of the state and a big ol` land of nuthin` in the middle. :D

Yeah I`ve heard a few variations of that joke. But I’ve stopped telling it to anyone near Harrisburg.

You have a storefront? Maybe I’ll stop by next time I make a beer run to “Beers of the World” or stop up to ride with the GVCC boys. Do they still have that informal car show at the burger joint? I think in Henrietta? What night? I used to make it up there alot, seeing that I have yellow blood. But they mived our training to Dallas, TX
:mad:

derek37
12-31-2004, 03:11 AM
yeah Saul or Aaron are straight up guys. I`m sure they`ll take care of your problems.

Luv-N-It
12-31-2004, 08:41 AM
FYI,

I called The Edge people and they have done everything that I could of asked. They will replace the pad and any that I have trouble with.

So I see this as a positive. I think that any product will at time have failures. All I care about is good support and they have shown that they stand behind their product.

:)