PDA

View Full Version : Zaino needs to take it to 1 more level

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DM101
07-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Zaino pro2 produces a fantastic shine but it lacks that deep wet look to bring out metallic colors such as my red. A wax does that PINNicle S, P21S,s100 all do a great job. I know I am going to take a lot of flack for saying this, but thats how it appears on my car.

imported_themightytimmah
07-02-2005, 04:38 PM
That`s what I`ve been saying all along :). Zaino`s just a different look, some guys love it, some guys hate it. Me, I like the wax over glaze wetness, as opposed to pure reflections. Can`t beat the warmth of RMG + Souveran, ya know.

JeffM
07-02-2005, 04:45 PM
I think there are sealants that look slightly better than Z2pro, but thats only slightly, and they do it with oils that wash of in 1 wash.

Better looks for a week?

Z2pro is the best looking sealant after the first wash on the market IMHO.

Not only that, but i have found that it doesnt water spot after a rain as badly as alot of the other products do, it repels dust completly, and if i just hose it off, it almost looks washed.

Im not disagreeing with you though, Zaino should keep improving, and it probably will, but as of right now, i dont see any other sealants offering a better look that lasts for a longer period of time.

JeffM
07-02-2005, 04:49 PM
That`s what I`ve been saying all along . Zaino`s just a different look, some guys love it, some guys hate it. Me, I like the wax over glaze wetness, as opposed to pure reflections. Can`t beat the warmth of RMG + Souveran, ya know.

I think people can compare anything they want to anything else, but lets level the playing field.

Why ask Zaino to kick it up a notch?

No Sealants look like RMG and Souveran, so it isnt fair to say anyting about zaino specifically not delivering in this situation.

Intercooled
07-02-2005, 04:53 PM
I think there are sealants that look slightly better than Z2pro, but thats only slightly, and they do it with oils that wash of in 1 wash.

Better looks for a week?

Z2pro is the best looking sealant after the first wash on the market IMHO.

Not only that, but i have found that it doesnt water spot after a rain as badly as alot of the other products do, it repels dust completly, and if i just hose it off, it almost looks washed.

Im not disagreeing with you though, Zaino should keep improving, and it probably will, but as of right now, i dont see any other sealants offering a better look that lasts for a longer period of time.

Those are my thoughts exactly!!!! :wavey

I used Soveran a ouple months ago on my garage queen. I thought it looked super wet and deep. Even thought the car doesn`t get driven much and sits in the garage I swear it only looked good for a couple of weeks.

I also notice that I`m one of those guys who cant keep his hands off the car. I think Zaino is much more durable and has a more resilient finish. It seemed every time I Cali dusted or QD`d I would leave marks on the Soveran finish. I think Zaino can take more abuse and I dont see those marks for quite some time. Id say that other LSP`s especialy Carnauba waxes are more "delicate".

Scottwax
07-02-2005, 10:30 PM
No Sealants look like RMG and Souveran, so it isnt fair to say anyting about zaino specifically not delivering in this situation.

Right. If you are going strictly by appearance on dark paint, that is going to be a real hard combo to beat. However, if you live up norith or in a rainy part of the country, I can certainly see sacrificing that extra 5% of appearance for durability. Even on my own car, I go with carnaubas in the warm months and switch to Wolfgang or EX w/carnauba in the winter. If I had a silver or pearl colored car, I`d likely go with Zaino or Acrylic Jett during the winter months, maybe even all year.

DM101
07-03-2005, 05:32 AM
Could Zaino come out with a polymer/wax blend that could top the p2. This would definitely be the ultimate shine with long lasting protection.

JeffM
07-03-2005, 07:25 AM
I think i have finally settled on the reflective look. As far as i am concerned Z2pro is alright with me. On the black parts of my truck it looks fantastic, and on the grey metallic it look beautiful also.

If i had a garage queen i would use sometihng else most likely, maybe not though.

No one says dont put a wax over Zaino though.

drewski59
07-03-2005, 07:57 AM
That`s what I`ve been saying all along :). Zaino`s just a different look, some guys love it, some guys hate it. Me, I like the wax over glaze wetness, as opposed to pure reflections. Can`t beat the warmth of RMG + Souveran, ya know.

I love the Z look on metallic paint. The glaze+nuba combos I`ve tried somewhat mute the flake, and it`s not that noticeable until I strip it all off and start Zaino again. As far as clarity goes, it doesn`t get much better, IMHO. I love and hate the durability; it looks so good without anything but washes and the occasional Z6 that I feel I should leave it alone. Maybe this is why I experiment with different interior and wheel/tire products! :bigups ;)

medic159
07-03-2005, 08:05 AM
No complaints here with Z2-Pro :bow

http://dftowel.com/towelimages/MooseCarlisle.jpg

JeffM
07-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Here is a shot of my work truck, i passed on a direct hood shot-too many rock chips....

I dont know how much better it can look to be honest.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/DCP_0562_Medium_.JPG

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/DCP_0561_Medium_.JPG

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/DCP_0559_Medium_.JPG

I dont know whats up with the date stamp either lol.

dogma
07-03-2005, 09:09 AM
I personally like the look of Zaino on my black car and would never go back to a carnuba ( and I have the 2 best Surluster and Souvran ) Scottwax and I have had debates over the look of Z and Carnuba, we came to the conclusion we both have different tastes. I have a love/hate relationship with the durability too, but latley its more love since Z8. I guess that`s why I have been experimenting with my Wifes blue metalic van, friends titanium STI , Sister-in-laws black LS and friends red Acura. I used Souvran, Surluster, FMj and Blackfire. Out of those 4 Souvran and Surluster rank #1 for looks and Durabilty, next is FMJ looks real good not as durable as S and SL.

I don`t care for Blackfire at all JMO. For my taste its Zaino, MO nothing is better for looks and durability especially on black, and maintanence is a snap Z7 its awesome then Z8 its perfection.

If I were to use a carnuba it would be Surluster or Souvran , in my testing both perform exactly the same. I now use only Zaino on the van.

As for polishes after reading Scottwax`s posts I decided to try #80 , He was right is awesome, I didn`t care for FP II or 3M SMR though again JMO. As much as love #80 I think ZPC has taken it up a notch to become my #1.

DM101
07-04-2005, 12:15 PM
any more opinions? Zaino take it to 1 more level

wannafbody
07-04-2005, 01:42 PM
its hard to compare a multi-product finish such as a glaze and carnauba vs a straight sealant like Zaino-the fact that zaino won`t bond correctly over a glaze is a trade-off that`s worth it for many as they want durability. other products can be used over glazes and polishes that contain oils and just experiment until you find the product that looks best to you. Every product has some plusses and minuses. that`s why you do research.

imported_Burlyq
07-04-2005, 01:54 PM
What sealant gets full durabilty over a glaze? None. Z2Pro is a strong product and I have found nothing that looks deeper or wetter, not nuba or sealant. There are some things that look as good but nothing better IMO. I bet good money if I used your best nubas and Pro on a few different cars, you wouldn`t be able to tell the difference. The old z2 had some holes but Zaino filled them all when they developed Pro. If your car isn`t deep and wet it`s more likely that you didn`t prep it good than ANY product you used as your LSP. How else would you explain that soaking wet red car in this post? DFTowel= :bow

Zaino take it to another level? Not necessary IMO.