PDA

View Full Version : Little Green Clean Machine ok for cloth seats?

Kenney
07-02-2005, 03:28 PM
I would like to know if it is ok to use my BGM to spray and extract water from my cloth seats. The seats are not really stained, but could use a little cleaning. I was worried if the dye used for the seats would spread if I used an extractor. The seats are the ones found in a 2003 Subaru WRX.

Thanks

Kenney

SidiousXXX
07-02-2005, 04:04 PM
It would be fine. Just check for colorfastness in a spot you cant see its really depends on the chemical that you use not the extractor.

Kenney
07-02-2005, 04:17 PM
I am just planing on using hot water..

imported_themightytimmah
07-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah, you`ll be fine. It`ll just take a little while to dry, from 2-36hrs depending on temps and material.

Accumulator
07-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Sure, I extracted the seats in my WRX whenever the dog-car duties took their toll and I was using a BGM at the time. I never had any problems, even using a mild detergent. Just don`t get them too wet, the Bissell doesn`t have all *that* much suction so you don`t want to get the seat really soaked, like in the foam.

imported_hadboosttroy
07-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Accumulator,

Have you noticed in your wrx that dog hair gets stuck in the material and is really hard to get out? I guess it would depend on what kind of dog you have. My brother`s yellow (white) lab`s hair is really hard to get out of the wrx, it is like it is implanted into the seats, but my dachshund`s hair is really easy to get out. The middle blue sections i am talking about specifically.

imported_fooked
07-03-2005, 06:53 AM
I did a WRX a few weeks ago, and I know exactly what you mean. Dog hair and lint were very hard to get off the sides of the seats. That material was tough to work with. I just used woolite/water mix to clean the seats. They weren`t dirty and didn`t take much. I didn`t even have to use an extractor. Then I just followed up with a dog brush and lint brush and it pretty much took care of it.

jfelbab
07-03-2005, 11:16 AM
I just found this tool and it really does the job removing dog hair.

http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/images/product_X-1140.gif

Accumulator
07-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Accumulator,

Have you noticed in your wrx that dog hair gets stuck in the material and is really hard to get out? I guess it would depend on what kind of dog you have. My brother`s yellow (white) lab`s hair is really hard to get out of the wrx, it is like it is implanted into the seats, but my dachshund`s hair is really easy to get out. The middle blue sections i am talking about specifically.

I was lucky, the Beaucerons have pretty coarse hair and they don`t shed much, even when they lose their winter coat (heh heh, that`s one reason I chose that breed ;) ). Their hair cleaned up easily, like your dog`s hair. Yeah, light Lab/Golden hair can be a pain! IIRC, I had more issues with the hair sticking to the *other* part of the seats- not the middle fabric, but the outer stuff. But it`s been a while since I hauled dogs in the WRX so my memory is probably foggy.

I`ve used something much like the Meg`s gizmo with pretty good results. It gets the fine cat hair that seems to really stick to things.

Guess I didn`t think of the hair issue right off when Kenney asked about the extractor and pet mess; I try to get as much hair up as I can before I use the extractor, especially one like the Bissell (the Ninja just sucks that stuff up and never clogs :D ).