PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys Waffle Mircofiber towels

Pages : [1] 2

harvey
07-02-2005, 03:19 PM
I just use them for the first time today. I have a very small car, on which I used a California blade, so the car was pretty dry before using the waffle towel. It only dried half my car before it became unless. I would admit that it a good job on half the car. But, would have expected more. They were not cheap.

So heads up.

Reflections1
07-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I ran into the same problem. I just dont know what the hype is about waffle weave. I think I will retire it to door sills and whatnot.

imported_norahcrv
07-02-2005, 04:02 PM
I`m perplexed by both of you expressing dissatisfaction with the waffle weave`s performance.

Did you wash them first? No fabric softener or bleach?

Did you wring it out as it got wetter?

I just use one WW to dry my CR-V after a wash & I don`t go over it with a water blade before hand. :nixweiss:

Reflections1
07-02-2005, 04:04 PM
I did wash it and washed again with no detergent. I allowed it to air dry and used it the next day. Maybe the "new" just to wear out of it. I will wash and rewash again and see if there is a difference.

BigAl3
07-02-2005, 04:05 PM
when i use a ww, i turn it into quarters and as a side gets wet, i switch over to another and so forth. it works for me and i usually don`t have to wring it out once the entire time. if there is any left over water spots that are missed, i will follow it up with a mf. also.... take the hose nozzle off and sheet the water, so there is very minimal drying.... that is the key, imo.

imported_norahcrv
07-02-2005, 04:09 PM
I did wash it and washed again with no detergent. I allowed it to air dry and used it the next day. Maybe the "new" just to wear out of it. I will wash and rewash again and see if there is a difference.

As I recall, my Poorboys WW`s were not the "softest" when I first got them last spring, so I washed them every time I did a m/f load in the machine, even if they had not been used. A couple of washes "softened them up" :)

Also, I don`t know if it makes a difference or not, but I dry them in the dryer.

Reflections1
07-02-2005, 04:18 PM
In Poorboys defense, My waffle weave was not bought by them. I bought the Meguiars WW. Im not knocking it, I am sure they work great. Maybe its like a race tire, Once the new is wore off, they come areound and perform better. Time will tell. Im washing and drying as we speak.

imported_themightytimmah
07-02-2005, 04:40 PM
My WW`s suck when dry. After they absorb a little water, and you wring them out once, theyre pretty good. I still hate usin em though. Counting the days until I can afford a CRspotless system.

J.J.
07-02-2005, 06:01 PM
The WW I have work great. I couldn`t believe how well they worked. I think it was money well spent. LIke someone else mentioned, folding the towel while using helps.

JJ

imported_series1
07-02-2005, 06:23 PM
when i use a ww, i turn it into quarters and as a side gets wet, i switch over to another and so forth. it works for me and i usually don`t have to wring it out once the entire time. if there is any left over water spots that are missed, i will follow it up with a mf. also.... take the hose nozzle off and sheet the water, so there is very minimal drying.... that is the key, imo.I definitley agree. Sheeting water cuts your drying time in half.

DCT
07-02-2005, 06:28 PM
I find two things very important with the performance of WW towels...

1. They must be washed properly and RINSED thoroughly! Make sure there is no detergent left in the towels.

2. They must be used very, very SLOWLY to allow the fibers to wick up the moisture.

With my best 25" x 36" WW, I can completely dry just about any size vehicle after a proper flood rinse. However, I usually use two... one smaller one to spread a mist of a high lubricating QD with the water and a larger one to dry the area. :2thumbs:

imported_pdsterns
07-02-2005, 06:31 PM
I know people here say the waterblade is okay if clean but I think your only looking for trouble using one. I saw my buddies MB after a year of use and it was horrible with marring. I used once and decided no way. I bought a cheap $20 blower on ebay and work the whole car and the joints then MF the rest, and get no marring.

Setec Astronomy
07-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Some people seem to have better success with WW`s than others. Some days I have better success with them than others. The Poorboy`s WW is fairly priced IMO. It`s a 75/25 towel, I think I have a little better luck with the 80/20 towels.

imported_gusbubba
07-04-2005, 01:35 PM
I have one of the PB`s WW`s and I`m a little disappointed in it. I hate to say that because the rest of their product lineup is so good , but.........

I feel the Meg`s WW`s outperform the PB`s and at a much friendlier price ; also the Meg`s can be gotten OTC.

Out of curiousity I just ordered some WW`s from pakshak to see what all the hype is about.

I figure , when in doubt , get the consensus best to see how everything else stacks up and go from there.

Setec Astronomy
07-04-2005, 01:39 PM
The new Meg`s Water Magnet is a good deal. I got it for $2 less than list price at Pep Boy`s. It`s not quite as soft as the other 80/20 towels I have.