PDA

View Full Version : Soap Streaking

saling4
07-02-2005, 08:32 AM
My wife has a Maroon flake paint on her Mazda Tribute. I wash it early in the AM, but normally in the sun. I have used Mequiars Detail Soap, 3D wash, Turtle Wax (orange bottle) and now some stuff called purple passion (cheap, low sudsing). I can rinse and rinse and rinse and I still get soap streaks. I wax it every weekend. Anything work or rinse better in the sun? Thanks :usa

Setec Astronomy
07-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Do you rinse it off before it dries? I know this makes it more difficult, but if the wash solution is drying on the car, you need to keep rinsing to keep the car wet, even if you`re not done washing.

saling4
07-02-2005, 10:20 AM
On this particular car I rinse and rinse and rinse. Wash the top rinse, wash the sides rinse, rinse the top as well as sides, wash hood rinse, again rinsing top, sides and hood. After every section I rinse and rinse. I keep the vehicle wet until I dry. Then streak streak streak. My white and blue and red cars don`t appear to do this, but it could just be the color. Gets frustrating as heck. It is my wifes car, so maybe I should just tell her to go to the drive-thru..LOL :hide: