PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean your pads?

CantDrv55
07-01-2005, 02:21 PM
After you finish with your pads, how do you go about cleaning them for next time use? I tried to search but keep getting the FATAL ERROR message. I guess part of the upgrade.

imported_themightytimmah
07-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Snappy Citrus powder. Or, APC 10:1 in the washing machine.

J.J.
07-01-2005, 02:55 PM
I simply place my pads in the sink with very little dish liquid. I press them repeatedly into the bottom of the sink and then drain the water. Repeat until the pads are releasing clean water. Spin dry using rotary or squeeze b/w MFs and let air dry.

JJ

DaGonz
07-01-2005, 06:48 PM
I use 2 ounces of Zep citrus cleaner concentrate to 2 gallons of warm water. I spray the pads with a a solution of Zep Citrus (10 oz water to 1 oz Zep), then immerse the pads for about a half hour. I then rinse tem until the water runs clear and spin dry if I am going to be reusing them the day or allow them to air dry if I don`t have anything scheduled.

percynjpn
07-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Regular laundry soap in the sink, keep working it in with your fingers, then rinse.

Scottwax
07-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Dish soap, rinse, shake out and air dry.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Dish soap, rinse, shake out and air dry.

Its pretty much that easy. I keep my wash bucket with some soap in it, and toss the pad in as i finish using it. This way it cant dry before I get home to wash out. Kind of a pre soak if you will.

imported_Denzil
07-02-2005, 02:43 AM
My method is similar to Scott`s except that I use the PC to dry.

RobDon
07-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Sonus der Wunder Wasche in a bucket of warm water - works great on MF towels and pads alike, good stuff.

Richt
07-02-2005, 04:18 AM
Bucket of warm water and a mix of dish soap and hand washing liquid deteregent, So far the pads are still looking new.

NickcZ28
07-02-2005, 06:54 AM
Dawn liquid soap, soak in bucket for 1/2 hour, squeeze out, spin dry on PC, stored in zip loc bags.

White95Max
07-02-2005, 07:53 AM
Soak the pads in a bucket with Dawn / warm water, then scrub them a bit between my hands. Rinse them out until they release clear water. Then squeeze out most of the water. Usually after that I just leave them out to air dry in a protected area under all my storage boxes.

That`s right I forgot to take a picture of that setup...

sQuashed
07-02-2005, 08:09 AM
During detail: Throw them in a bucket and let them soak with Megs gold class.

Home: Clean them with dish soap in the sink and store them in open zip lock bags.

imported_Intel486
07-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Washing really decreses the life of the pads from my personal experience.

If they pads are really bad (like after using on a single stage paint or serious oxidation), then I`ll spray them with an APC, let dwell, spray out with a stream of water, spin the water out with my buffer, and let dry in the sun.

My normal cleaning is different. I`ll put the pad on the buffer and turn it on and run a stiff brush to break up any clumps off the pad. I`ll then use my air compressor and start in the middle and blow the pad out. It seriously looks about as good as when I wash the pad. You`ll want the pad to be dry though but with this system you won`t have to wait for the pad to dry after washing it.