PDA

View Full Version : What Next? Just Detailed Last Week - now rain!

joeyb7
07-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I have an obsidian black pearl 05 wrx, and I just hand detailed everything last week, took about 8 hours.. I know, no PC yet, but I`m getting one.

So, it poured in MA last night, and my freshly cleaned car was subjected to tons of large water spots.

The car IS technically dirty, I mean, I wouldn`t want to go running a MF over any of it as I think the surface contaminants would scratch the finish, so what do I do now??

Do I have to essentially wash my car after every rainstorm?? I just don`t understand what to do to keep the paint in top shape after it rains!

Let me know what to do, HELP!!

drewski59
07-01-2005, 02:46 PM
A good QD with a good MF should take care of it; that is, as long as you haven`t driven it in the rain. Then I would just wash it...there`s no way around it.

:wavey

White95Max
07-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Yes I would wash it after each rainstorm. A QD might work if you just had a light rain, but otherwise I wouldn`t take the chance on a black car.

JeffM
07-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Right now i am trying out z2 pro, and it doesnt leave any waterspots after a rain.

Not perfectly clean, but it is pretty close.

imported_themightytimmah
07-01-2005, 04:49 PM
I wash, cause you can do a half-assed wash in 10 minutes. You can QD too, but I just find it easier to wash it, plus that way you can strip the tires, clean the wells, and reapply tire shine.

imported_Jinba ittai
07-01-2005, 05:34 PM
I find it takes me twice as long to QD a dirty car than it does to wash it. I use twice as many towels too.

If the car hasn`t been driven in the rain then washing/cleaning is much easier. A QD-ing may work fine if you have a fresh coat of wax on it. If it`s been driven it`s better to wash because then you are dealing with road dirt/debris and it`s safer and more effective to wash it.

Maybe a high quality car cover is in order? :think:

nailzer
07-01-2005, 08:29 PM
I have an obsidian black pearl 05 wrx, and I just hand detailed everything last week, took about 8 hours.. I know, no PC yet, but I`m getting one.

So, it poured in MA last night, and my freshly cleaned car was subjected to tons of large water spots.

The car IS technically dirty, I mean, I wouldn`t want to go running a MF over any of it as I think the surface contaminants would scratch the finish, so what do I do now??

Do I have to essentially wash my car after every rainstorm?? I just don`t understand what to do to keep the paint in top shape after it rains!

Let me know what to do, HELP!!

Just 1 rain storm? Gezz it`s the rainy season here in Florida. Rain everyday this week and 10 miles of road construction make for a REAL dirty car. I`ll spend tomorrow detailing only to drive in rain everyday next week, and it`ll ran at least 3 time a week until october.

Scottwax
07-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Yes I would wash it after each rainstorm. A QD might work if you just had a light rain, but otherwise I wouldn`t take the chance on a black car.

Same here. Odds are you will be okay, but it just isn`t worth the risk, IMO.

Wash, then QD. :xyxthumbs

Richt
07-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Id wash, when I had a light car I used to risk it, not anymore with Black

BigAl3
07-02-2005, 06:45 PM
ugh.... i know what you mean. right now my neighbors tree is pollenating and sap blows all over my car all the time :furious: . it makes me not even want to wash it, more or less detail it anymore right now....