PDA

View Full Version : Can I clay over a new paint job? Just got back from BS today

SidiousXXX
06-30-2005, 07:02 PM
Had a bad accident with my Audi A6. Repainted virtually the entire car. Is it safe to clay it and put Z2Pro on it yet or do I need to wait that 30 days that I have heard from in the past?

Thanks,

James

imported_Jinba ittai
06-30-2005, 07:20 PM
I had the same thing happen with my car. The entire car was repainted last fall.

I can`t tell you about claying right away but I can say that you shouldn`t apply Zaino to your car`s paint right now. 6 weeks is the minimum for the paint to cure. This is very important! I`d wait at least 3 months. With my repainted car it was 4 months before I applied any Zaino (or any sealant or wax!) because it was stored for winter shortly after I got it back. In the springtime I clayed and Zainoed it and it looks great.

You can use a glaze such as Meguiars #5 or 7 or 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, which is what I use on the hatch on my other car. With my other car, the hatch was repainted in April and only now am I planning on putting NXT on it. Up until now I`ve been using IHG on it and did clay it last month and it was fine.