PDA

View Full Version : souveran/crystal mist observation, am I crazy?

imported_SHICKS
06-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi all-

I have used many different products over the past few years, S100, Klasse, NXT, Glold Class, Zymol and so on.

I recently bummed a can of souveran off my Dad. I applied a layer over the fading s100 I had on previsouly. Then QD`s with crystal mist.

My observation. On a steel grey car, the shine was nice(better on black), very uniform and wet, not ultra reflective, but the biggest thing I noticed, the car never gets dirty!!!!!

We have had several major rain storms, and not single water spot or dust on horizontal surfaces. The S100 attracted dust and whatever as soon as I washed it, after rain, it looked terrible.

I am crazy or could this be true?

I prefer a more reflective product like SG on this color, but I gave it a shot.

Thanks,

Steve

JustinR32
06-30-2005, 05:52 PM
That`s my experience with Souveran, too. I actually had places where the water beaded up and then evaporated leaving little raised beads of dust. It`s another of those "shine fades faster than the protection" products.

I have a pic of that somewhere, I`ll find it and post it.

Tom

Glossmaster
06-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Interesting observation w/ Souveran. Here in West Texas ( the dust capitol of the world) everything I use collects dust on my black Tacoma. I just wanted to chime in and give a big thumbs up to the Souveran/Crystal Mist combo. The CM is my go to QD for carnaubas. Great stuff!!

imported_SHICKS
07-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the replies, but I still feel crazy. My car looks fantasitc, and I have not touched it in a week, yes it needs to be washed, but usually I get a day or two out of the other products I use before a wash.

Steve

imported_themightytimmah
07-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Mine has Souveran on it, it looks great from like 10 feet after rain. From 5 or closer though, you can still see the dirt, but the glow shines through.