PDA

View Full Version : My products, evaluation

FrontierCrewCab
06-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Though I am not new to detailing, I am by no means a professional. But I do take pride in maintaining my vehicles, especially since they are my first brand new ones, an 05 khaki jeep liberty (wife`s car) and my 05 Frontier Canteen green.

Here is what I currently own, not looking for pros and cons of everything, just some suggestions if possible and proper progression.

Wash- Eagle one wet wash

Cleaner- Megs crystal paint cleaner

Polishes- Adams polishes revive, megs crystal polish, astroshield

Wax- Megs NXT, Mothers carnuba, and Zymol cleaner wax (also Eagle one wax as u dry)

Megs Scratch X

Adams clay bar

Adams brilliant spray glaze

Adams and Megs detail spray

I have already clayed both vehicles once this year. Looking to add a sealant, suggestions?If I do get a sealant, would I wash then use the cleaner and scratch X, then polish and sealant then wax, or do I skip a step?

Any thing I should not use? Obviously, I do not use all products at once, I do some friends vehicles once in awhile and use the items i do not use on my vehicles.

Which wax would you use and would you use the wax as u dry in between regular waxes?

Thank s for listening and for replies.

FrontierCrewCab
06-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Oh, and I do not own a buffer/rotary rigth now, everything by hand. Not confident enough to ruin my paint with a machine.

audipower
06-30-2005, 01:28 AM
It`s all amateur products. Besides NXT, I don`t like and I would even put it on my chrome rims. Get Klasse AIO and Klasse SG. Use the clay, then paint cleaner, then megs crystal polish, then Klasse AIO, Then Klasse SG, then P21S or a carnuba WITH NO CLEANERS. All it will do is take off the AIO and SG or make it weak. You have to start some where, but don`t be afraid ofthe Porter Cable. Practice with it on cleaners and wax not polishes. We will help here. Get a a wax also like P21S.

Black240SX
06-30-2005, 01:57 AM
Though I am not new to detailing, I am by no means a professional. But I do take pride in maintaining my vehicles, especially since they are my first brand new ones, an 05 khaki jeep liberty (wife`s car) and my 05 Frontier Canteen green.

Here is what I currently own, not looking for pros and cons of everything, just some suggestions if possible and proper progression.

Wash- Eagle one wet wash

Cleaner- Megs crystal paint cleaner

Polishes- Adams polishes revive, megs crystal polish, astroshield

Wax- Megs NXT, Mothers carnuba, and Zymol cleaner wax (also Eagle one wax as u dry)

Megs Scratch X

Adams clay bar

Adams brilliant spray glaze

Adams and Megs detail spray

I have already clayed both vehicles once this year. Looking to add a sealant, suggestions?If I do get a sealant, would I wash then use the cleaner and scratch X, then polish and sealant then wax, or do I skip a step?

Any thing I should not use? Obviously, I do not use all products at once, I do some friends vehicles once in awhile and use the items i do not use on my vehicles.

Which wax would you use and would you use the wax as u dry in between regular waxes?

Thank s for listening and for replies.

You`ve got the order right: (wash, clay, cleaner, polish, sealant, wax). You may not need to do all the steps, though.

Clay, you do when needed, perhaps 3 times a year.

Cleaner, use the Deep Crystal cleaner perhaps 2 or 3 times a year; the scratch-X only when and where needed

Polish, is purely cosmetic and really only worthwhile on black or dark colours

Sealant and Wax, you can use one, the other, or both. If you are putting wax on top of sealant, don`t use a cleaner wax as it will remove the sealant.

FrontierCrewCab
06-30-2005, 05:46 AM
Thanks everyone, I was looking at the porter cable, just a little pricy, are there any entry level polishers that are a little cheaper? Lastly, I just looked at the Klasse stuff, will have to get it, will the Sonus spritz spray remove the sealant too, or just get the P21S wax without the spritz? Also audipower, I am surprised the adams stuff does not make your list, I thought this stuff was decent, guess I was wrong! Thanks again.

audipower
06-30-2005, 10:02 AM
you can find them for $140, I did. I have a 10" craftsman buffer if you want to buy? I used it for one summer. It`s nice. You can buy microfiber bayonets for it to. I have a couple of them and new applicators.

No sonus spritz in formulated to work with Klasse. I only use 100% carnuba waxes. Acrylic Spritz is great for applying SG also. Makes apply better, not so heavy.

No Adam stuff is good! sorry! I hear good stuff about it. I just get a good deal on my stuff at autopia.

I suggest a non-abrasive polish twice a year. That crystal polish won`t hurt your finish at all!

This is what I use and love.

Sonus or Claymagic, Sonus Paint Cleaner (best!), Sonus SFX-3, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG then P21S.

I actually tried Autoglym Super Resin Polish and I really like it. It`s a paint cleaner, polish and sealent in one. I have been running test on it to compare it with AIO and SG over it. You can use it by hand also.

Lowejackson
06-30-2005, 12:52 PM
The PC is a great investment and can give incredible results, have a look at http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56239 or other entries in the Xtreme Detail forum. It would require some serious effort to damage your paint with a PC and it is very easy to use. My biggest regret in detailing is waiting so long to buy one.

I would also give a vote for Autoglym SRP, easy to use by hand or PC