PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guy`s Liquid Extreme Shine

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

imported_themightytimmah
06-29-2005, 12:52 PM
http://www.chemicalguys.com/clear_liquid_lg.jpg

Cost: 26.00/gallon

Manufacturers claims: * our Brightest, Wettest Looking Shiniest Dressing

* perfect for rejuvenating plastic moldings and parts.

* protects and beautifies, putting a virtual barrier from the sun and water

* excellent for maintaining that showroom luster

* non-Greasy, Will not attract dust extreme shine formula

* one application last weeks not days

* multi-purpose, solvent base dressing

* high viscosity silicones produce a rich, long lasting, high gloss shine on rubber, plastic and vinyl surfaces.

* clear color

Review: This stuff is really first rate. It is an excellent restorer for vinyl, plastic, etc. I just got it recently, so I have not been able to evaluate how long the shine will last. However, I`d put my money on atleast a month or so. If this won`t cut it, you`ll need to dye the trim.

X-factor: This stuff is very similar to Poorboy`s Trim Restore. I compared samples of each in terms of color, smell, shook them both and they behaved identically. The final test came on J.J.`s Sentra, we tried TR on one half of a faded panel, and this product on the other half. Both he and I agreed that there was no percievable difference between the panels. Sorry, no pics, but it wouldn`t even be worth taking them. There was absolutely no difference. IMHO, this product really proves the whole PB = CG theory to me.

Final thoughts: For 26 bucks, you can`t go wrong. A quart of TR is 21 bucks, and you get 4 times as much for 5 bucks more. Poorboy has been good to me, but I think I`ve found my new supplier.

imported_Burlyq
06-29-2005, 01:11 PM
[quote name=`themightytimmah`]http://www.chemicalguys.com/clear_liquid_lg.jpg

X-factor: This stuff is very similar to Poorboy`s Trim Restore. I compared samples of each in terms of color, smell, shook them both and they behaved identically. The final test came on J.J.`s Sentra, we tried TR on one half of a faded panel, and this product on the other half. Both he and I agreed that there was no percievable difference between the panels. Sorry, no pics, but it wouldn`t even be worth taking them. There was absolutely no difference. IMHO, this product really proves the whole PB = CG theory to me.

[QUOTE]

What did Bruce Willis say in that movie? "Welcome to the party pal." lol Change your nik to themightytimmahsavemoneyonbulkdude.

SpoiledMan
06-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Uh ohhhhhh........

Terran
06-29-2005, 01:54 PM
I was about to ask you what it smelled like. Have you tried Extreme VRT? It looks an aweful lot like BNB.

Wasatch
06-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Have not tried PBs Trim Restore or PBs Bold N` Bright. Nice to know, we can basically or excatly get the same stuff way cheaper. Thanks for the review.

atticdog
06-29-2005, 02:12 PM
thanks for the review

imported_krsjuan
06-29-2005, 02:53 PM
You beat me too it. I finally got chance to use this last weekend on my friends beat up 91 civic and I was really impressed. I got some strange looks when I was comparing it to trim restorer but I also feel they are the same product. Only time will tell how long it lasts. I wish I would have gotten pictures but I didn`t have my camera.

joshcaro
06-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Interesting topic.. im extremely interested in the Extreme VRT terran. What is the consistency of it? I dont like a very thick dressing as they are extremely hard to coat my tires with because my tires have nothng but rigids all along them.

Terran
06-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Interesting topic.. im extremely interested in the Extreme VRT terran. What is the consistency of it? I dont like a very thick dressing as they are extremely hard to coat my tires with because my tires have nothng but rigids all along them.

I don`t have it. I was speculating based on color and its description. I did just place an order with chemical guys (excellent customer service BTW) which included VRT and several others which I will be comparing to my small PB collection of SSR1, SSR2.5, TR, and BNB, so we will see.

I would be interested in a small sample of EX for comparision purposes and would be willing to send back what I think might be a CG equivalent if anyone would be interested.

joshcaro
06-29-2005, 04:06 PM
I have some EX I could send you. I have to get me some more bottles to ship it in. Let me head over to Walmart tonight and tommorow and ill see what I can do for ya!

Terran
06-29-2005, 04:19 PM
Alright cool. I have quite a few 2oz bottles so I could send a couple of those with CG "EXTREME TOP-COAT PAINT SEALANT+ 3X CARNAUBA" (gotta give PB`s credit for coming up with better names) for you to see what you think of the two. I could send some VRT if you want too.

Where do you find little containers at walmart? I couldn`t find them back when I looked so I just ended up getting some from US plastics.

If VRT is indeed BNB then it`s not too thick. A bit thicker than TR and 303 (which is about as far as my experience goes with vinyl/rubber dressings), but not much. I`m not sure what kind of ridges you`re talking about, but you shouldn`t have any problem if using a foam applicator.

SpoiledMan
06-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Ehh, I *think* the VRT is well, VRT.

SilverLexus
06-29-2005, 04:50 PM
This stuff looks a lot like Trim Restorer. Does Poorboy`s make it?

SpoiledMan
06-29-2005, 05:04 PM
This stuff looks a lot like Trim Restorer. Does Poorboy`s make it?

Check the prices and ask that question again.

imported_Burlyq
06-29-2005, 05:12 PM
lol Chris.