PDA

View Full Version : Tire Dressing

ptim
06-29-2005, 12:13 PM
I need a good or decent tire dressing that doesnt sling off. I have been using Eagle One Wet Tire Shine, mainly at car shows, it looks good until I drive home then its everywhere. I even apply it with a foam applicator. :nixweiss

Wasatch
06-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Tropi-Care (New and Old), Meg`s #40, Adam`s VRT.

Bill D
06-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Slinging is a huge pet peeve of mine and those solvent based ones are most susceptible to it.

Every time I dress a tire I make sure I thoroughly clean off the old dressing entirely first ( allows for the new coat to properly bond to the rubber), dry it good and sparingly and evenly reapply the dressing( in my case Zaino Z16). Sometimes two coats are much better than a single one that is heavy and blotchy. If you feel more than one coat is necessary, wait at least several minutes before applying the next. If you`re just going to go with one, as I almost always do, still wait at least a few minutes before driving the vehicle. Actually, this is a good task to perform at night or after the vehicle has been parked, not be the be used again for a while/next day.

AkronSi
06-29-2005, 12:50 PM
My new favorite is Poorboy`s Bold `n Bright. A little goes a long way, isn`t too glossy, and isn`t greasy. I spray it on a foam applicator (using some Black Magic applicators I picked up on clearance at walmart) and just wipe it on.

Lowejackson
06-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Excluding the prep I would say the two key issues are, give the dressing sufficient time to dwell and fully buff afterwards

Hemi57
06-29-2005, 03:10 PM
As I posted a while back, I use Polyglaze Tyre Black paint. It dies completely and stays shiny for months and makes the tyres so easy to clean.

I had 2 new tyres fitted up last week and the Tyre Dealer went and applied the silicon based tyre dressing :angry Now I have to put up with sling, tyres that look crap after a few days because the dressing attracts dirt & dust, and a greasy residue which ruins my tyre and wheel sponge :grrr It seems the only way to get rid of this stuff is harsh degreaser.

imported_truzoom
06-29-2005, 03:44 PM
The michelin step 2 stuff. works great!