PDA

View Full Version : Which is better to dry-- chamois or microfiber?

DaveInLA
06-29-2005, 01:00 AM
To drya car after washing it, chamois or microfiber drying cloths? They`re both roughly the same amount of money (chamois a little more expensive, not much more) at the Autozone store.

scottabir
06-29-2005, 01:09 AM
I prefer MF towels vs. the chamois.

Alfisti
06-29-2005, 01:35 AM
Dave, a MF waffle weave towel is far superior to the traditional chamois for several reasons.

1) It absorbs far more water due to its size and thickness

2) Its faster due to its size and has no drag

3) Any surface grit left behind after washing or blown onto surface is cushioned in the microfibres, so no surface marring

4) Chamois creates enormous friction which can remove wax from the surface, prematurely degrading protection

I save my chamois for glass.

DaveInLA
06-29-2005, 02:57 AM
thanks guys. I actually bought a pack of 2 WW MF drying towels ($10 at Autozone) but pondered over the chamois towels. Good to know I made the right choice.

Tasty
06-29-2005, 07:55 AM
I`ll second that a chamois is no comparison to a WW. I just ditched my Absorber for a Meguiar`s Water Magnet WW. The Absorber had eradicated my layers of SG and NXT in less than a month. I truly feel that it was responsible for removing my LSP and contributing to the return of swirl marks that I had polished out right before layering on the SG and NXT.