PDA

View Full Version : Megs Brush handles

Intercooled
06-28-2005, 07:27 PM
I have a few of the new Megs brushes. I like the new Wheel brush, very nice. But I have the short handle. Can I buy just the longer handle? I havn`t seen just handles for sale. I like a longer hande but would hate to have to buy a whole new brush. I noticed at http://store.bettercarcare.com/meguiars.html they had pics of handles but couldn`t find them for sale. I think I might like the body brush for my work truck with what looks like a telescopic handle.

Anyone know anything about purchasing these items?

(I have an email into Better car care about the handles pictured)

Scottwax
06-28-2005, 09:49 PM
I haven`t heard anything about just being able to buy the handles. What I really wish they would do is come out with a brush with a much thinner head for fenderwells. I love the new brushes but the head is too thick and won`t fit between the wheels and the fenderwells.

tomstin
06-29-2005, 05:36 AM
At the Megs clinics I attended a few weeks ago I believe they said the new brush handles are interchangable but not sold separately.

toml
06-29-2005, 07:49 AM
I have the wheel brush with the long handle and found that I liked the short handle from the tire brush on it better. I did call Meg`s, and they didn`t sell the handle by itself and didn`t have any plans to do so. So, I went to WalMart and found the wheel brush with the short handle for less than $7. Figured it would have cost me that much to get a handle (if it had been available) by mail.

Pats300zx
06-29-2005, 08:02 AM
I have the wheel brush with the long handle and found that I liked the short handle from the tire brush on it better. I did call Meg`s, and they didn`t sell the handle by itself and didn`t have any plans to do so. So, I went to WalMart and found the wheel brush with the short handle for less than $7. Figured it would have cost me that much to get a handle (if it had been available) by mail.

Same here. I have the wheel brush but dont like the tall handle at all. I find it hard to control and work on the wheel. I plan on buying the tire brush and just swapping out the handles when I need them.

toml
06-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Same here. I have the wheel brush but dont like the tall handle at all. I find it hard to control and work on the wheel. I plan on buying the tire brush and just swapping out the handles when I need them.

I was going to do the same thing (interchange handles) with the tire brush I had, but after doing the interchange 1 or 2 times, I just wasn`t sure how long the locking mechanism would hold up. So I just bought the wheel brush with the shorter handle.

gb387
06-29-2005, 10:31 AM
I find it easier to remove the handle when uding it on tires and wheels.

Brad B
06-29-2005, 01:03 PM
I find it easier to remove the handle when uding it on tires and wheels.

Same here, the handle is too long but the brush itself, held in the palm works great.

Intercooled
06-29-2005, 01:46 PM
I was going to do the same thing (interchange handles) with the tire brush I had, but after doing the interchange 1 or 2 times, I just wasn`t sure how long the locking mechanism would hold up. So I just bought the wheel brush with the shorter handle.

Sounds like I`m going to ahve to do the same.

Better Car Care emailed me back saying they were just pics and the handles come with the brushes and are not sold seperatly. The Telescopic handle somes with the wash mop. I would love to use the telescopic handle with the wide body brush for my work truck. I may have to buy both. And you guys are probably right...It would cost as much for a handle as it woulod to purchase the entire product.

Scottwax: Good point about the brush thickness for wheel wells, I may have to evaluate that one.

Reflections1
06-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Intercooled... PM me, I just bought 2 wheel brushes and wouldnt mind having one short and one long handle. Care to make a trade?