PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot Yellow Microfiber Towels?

Pages : [1] 2

Matt M, PA
06-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Hi guys...while at Home Dept last night, I saw a 10 or 12 pack of yellow microfibers that was about $10. Seemed too cheap. There was an open package, so I was able to get a good look. They are fairly plush, very soft (to the touch), and about 16" square.

Anyone have experience with these?

EBPcivicsi
06-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi guys...while at Home Dept last night, I saw a 10 or 12 pack of yellow microfibers that was about $10. Seemed too cheap. There was an open package, so I was able to get a good look. They are fairly plush, very soft (to the touch), and about 16" square.

Anyone have experience with these?

Are they the eurows? Like costco has?

Pats300zx
06-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Geez...who doesn`t sell micro fiber towels now....

Bill D
06-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Speaking of local MFs, next time you`re in Wal-Mart, also go to the kitchen and bath section. There are some decent looking, low nap MFs in packs of 2 ( larger) and 4(smaller) ( IIRC).

Pats300zx
06-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Bill...are these the multi colored ones??? I saw some in two packs in the Auto Section. They were Lime Green, Tangerine and Blue. 2 for $1.00

Bill D
06-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Pat, I don`t think so, I recall them all the being the same color in the packs and the colors being khaki and darker beige.

holland_patrick
06-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Mat i have some and they seem to work good I used them for when i know i`m doing a two step polish I haven`t seen any maring from them but you never know...

Spilchy
06-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Costco has 3M Scotch-Brite MF`s for the kitchen. It`s in their cleaning supplies aisle. They have zero pile. I use them in the interior. I bought them ages ago before I had any MF`s.

Intercooled
06-28-2005, 03:19 PM
Bill...are these the multi colored ones??? I saw some in two packs in the Auto Section. They were Lime Green, Tangerine and Blue. 2 for $1.00

My thoughts exactly. But i dont think this is a good thing. WE should be very carful when selecting MFs. Lots of companys are jumping on the band wagon. IMO many of the OTC MFs are for household use. I`m sure some will work just fine, but me personly, I`m very selective. I dont want to start bashing MFs in stores but I was dissapointed with some of the "bargan brands". :o I should`ve known better!

Pats300zx
06-28-2005, 03:47 PM
My thoughts exactly. But i dont think this is a good thing. WE should be very carful when selecting MFs. Lots of companys are jumping on the band wagon. IMO many of the OTC MFs are for household use. I`m sure some will work just fine, but me personly, I`m very selective. I dont want to start bashing MFs in stores but I was dissapointed with some of the "bargan brands". :o I should`ve known better!

Every "bargin brand" MF I have ever purchased is used for door jambs, wheels, engine, etc.

I save all of my Pakshak or and nicer MF`s for the paint. Keeps my quality MF`s lasting longer.

Matt M, PA
06-29-2005, 07:28 AM
Clean-Rite is the maker of these towels. Distributed by Tiger Accessory Group. 80% polyester, 20% polymide. Pic below.

I also got some (what I consider) excellent blue towels, about the same size as above, but 70% polyester, 30% polymide from my auto body supply house. They recommended them, and so far, so good.

I cetainly would agree to use the besy MFs you can on paint, but at least than $1 each, there are lots os uses for these. (For removing wax, I still use cotton towels)

BigAl3
06-29-2005, 09:15 AM
if you have a sams club near you, get the hometex light blue mf`s instead. they are actually pretty nice and plush compared to all the other mf`s that are easily bought, imo.... haven`t had a problem with them yet. :xyxthumbs

HCF
06-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Every "bargin brand" MF I have ever purchased is used for door jambs, wheels, engine, etc.

I save all of my Pakshak or and nicer MF`s for the paint. Keeps my quality MF`s lasting longer.

same here only pakshak touches my paint

Gary Wells
06-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Speaking of local MFs, next time you`re in Wal-Mart, also go to the kitchen and bath section. There are some decent looking, low nap MFs in packs of 2 ( larger) and 4(smaller) ( IIRC).

----------------------------------------------------------

Get them while you can, because I haven`t seen any good mf in the local wally world stores out her for about 2 months or so. At one time, they carried a package branded "home trends" that were an excellent bargin, I have seen them in green and tan colors, but they haven`t been in stores out there for a while. I entered my `87 turbo Buick Turbo-T in a car show a couple of weeks ago and was given a baker`s dozen of brand new still in the sealed bag "Meguiar`s" "ultimate wipes. Unfortunately, these are not quite as good as the old Meguiar`s white mfs with the dark blue or black border around them, but killer for free. What a deal

OGauge4Me
06-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Great discussion. I think I will visit my local Sam`s club to pick up some MF`s that will be used on wheels.