PDA

View Full Version : MF washmitt from pakshak... is it safe?

Pages : [1] 2

zimmerDN
06-28-2005, 08:19 AM
As the question reads, is it safe? Or should I stick with my sheep skin one?

zimmerDN
06-28-2005, 03:23 PM
eh... so is it or not?

imported_Intel486
06-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Stay away from the MF wash mitts. Microfiber is GREAT for everything else but it`s horrible for a wash mitt.

Everything you pick up off the paint sticks in the mitt and is a PITA to get off. After the first wash with mine I could see it had all kinds of particles stuck in the mitt and I couldn`t get them out. The only way I could have gotten them out would have been to sit there and pick them all out by hand... and who knows how much would still be in there that I couldn`t see.

chevyguy28
06-28-2005, 03:40 PM
It`s all just personal preference, but I have stayed away from MF mitts in general for the reasons Intel has mentioned.

Now, if you`re asking if it`s a quality product, it certainly seems so. If you were washing an already clean car, it doesn`t seem like it would marr.

imported_Intel486
06-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Now, if you`re asking if it`s a quality product, it certainly seems so. If you were washing an already clean car, it doesn`t seem like it would marr.

I guess that would be the only case I would use a Wash mitt if I was using it on an already clean car. It would probably work GREAT if you had a garage queen and it never really had a lot of dirt particles.

I ran into the biggest problem with them because of all the trees around me drop all kinds of little particles of stuff. And then the squirrels start tearing stuff up. Made a mess of my mitt after one washing.

daves745t
06-28-2005, 04:08 PM
I think they stink - I picked up two, used them once and won`t use them again. This particular one had loops of microfiber that would catch on everything!! I nearly pulled off my molding. :mad:

zimmerDN
06-28-2005, 11:41 PM
So i wasted money on mine from patshak`s package deal... boo....

imported_Intel486
06-29-2005, 12:29 AM
So i wasted money on mine from patshak`s package deal... boo....

Use them for something else then. Maybe keep them around for dusting the dash?

braindead
06-29-2005, 05:06 AM
:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

I agree with Intel486,

I keep one in the glovebox & use it every now & then to give the interior & dash a quick once-over.... Looks like I spent hours cleaning the interior! But I know I haven`t. :nervous:

Plus it seems to be easier to manouvre in tight spaces than a MF cloth, it gives me a bit more control. :dance

I`ll stick to a lambswool wash mitt for the body....

cheerio

spotter
06-29-2005, 05:18 AM
I got a couple of these from Ranney a year or two ago and had the same experience. Used once and was scared by how much stuff stuck in the fibers. After picking it clean and several washings I decided to try it again when I am using QEW during the winter and it did not seem to be a problem. I think the QEW lubricity is so high that the crap just didn`t stick in the mitt.....I was only using it on the roof, hood, trunk, and the upper part of the side panels - not on the nasty lower panels.

Accumulator
06-29-2005, 07:36 AM
I use MF washmitts as the final step of my "extreme wash technique". Once I`ve basically cleaned the surface of major contamination (and presubably everything that might mar it), I give it a final going-over with a MF mitt. But I keep plenty of them on hand and swap them out frequently. And I *really* inspect them before and after laundering.

And yeah, MF mitts work well for dusting, both in the car and around the house.

TortoiseAWD
06-29-2005, 08:03 AM
While I don`t use a MF mitt, I do occasionally use Autopia Concours Buffing Towels as my wash tool when using QEW. The fibers on the CBT are smooth, and don`t grab and trap dirt like the split or hooked fibers usually used on terry MF towels and mitts. Most of the dirt that shows up on the CBT while I`m washing can be rinsed out easily (dunk in rinse water, agitate, and it comes pretty clean). I fold the towel in quarters, and if any one section ever picks up grime that doesn`t want to rinse easily, I refold to expose a clean side of the towel.

FWIW,

Tort

Pats300zx
06-29-2005, 08:04 AM
I have some MF wash mitts and now use them for wheels etc. I stick to the Eurow sheepskins for the finish.

tom p.
06-29-2005, 08:12 AM
I`ve got a couple of Ranney`s MF wash mitts. I`ve never found an MF wash mitt I liked.

I use the Pakshak mitts for interior dusting - - I mist on a little 1Z Cockpit or tiefenfleeger (sp??) and that is my preferred routine for the dash. The results are excellent!

atticdog
06-29-2005, 02:20 PM
should work good for removeing lsp