PDA

View Full Version : Cleakote Vanilla Moose and Red Moose Machine Glaze - Do they do basically the same?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_SilverStallion
06-27-2005, 07:27 PM
I am just trying to decide whether I should buy both or just the VM. I thought I read somewhere that you should use the RMG after the VM, and then top with a carnuba topper, but I can`t recall. I will be using Pinnacle Souveran or P21S as my topper.

Please clarify whether I should invest in both, or just the VM. I will be applying by hand...I have a PC but use it mostly for swirl removal and not light touch ups.

Thanks.

~Darren

Alfisti
06-27-2005, 08:47 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55339&highlight=vanilla

Scottwax
06-27-2005, 10:16 PM
If you have dark paint, I`d go with RMG but the differences aren`t huge.

BTW, both RMG and VM are worth using by PC. RMG works best (for me) with a blue Propel finishing pad and VM with a yellow Meguiars polishing pad both with the speed on 5.

Richt
06-28-2005, 03:54 AM
I tend to go straight for the RMG now if I have the PC out regardless of colour. If I am working by hand I tend to use the VM.

RMG with the Blue Sonus Pad, VM with the Green Sonus if I do use it by PC.

White95Max
06-28-2005, 05:14 AM
I also use VM by hand and RMG by PC.

If you were to use VM and then RMG, RMG would clean off the VM. So that`s not necessary. Both of those products have light abrasives and cleaners, so you can`t use both.

mystickid
06-28-2005, 09:00 AM
Could I use RMG on a LC VC Black finishing pad and after application, Clean the pad with a stiff toothbrush or spur and use PB`s EX on the Same Black finishing pad for application?? Will this affect the potential results??

Or Do i have to buy two sepaerate finishing pads for RMG and PB`s ex?

Richt
06-28-2005, 09:03 AM
I would use seperate pads, or just apply the EX by hand.

Scottwax
06-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Could I use RMG on a LC VC Black finishing pad and after application, Clean the pad with a stiff toothbrush or spur and use PB`s EX on the Same Black finishing pad for application?? Will this affect the potential results??

Or Do i have to buy two sepaerate finishing pads for RMG and PB`s ex?

Use two separate pads but just FYI, RMG leaves very little residue in the pads. I can use the same pad several times with RMG and it still is very soft and supple.

mystickid
06-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Scott,

Do you think its worth using RMG after PO85RD or just go to PB`s EX?? I mean will it mute the gloss and reflectivity of PO85RD at all, since PO85RD is known to bring out maximum gloss??

Scottwax
06-28-2005, 04:28 PM
RMG should add a little depth. Try it on a fender or half the hood and see if you like how it looks.

mystickid
06-29-2005, 08:09 AM
What to you guys clean your pads with during the Process of polishing when the pads get caked?

i saw some tool they use while the Pad is spinning that removes caked on polish.

Can anyone please post a link to where I can buy the tool? BTW, whats the best tool to remove the excess poli/sh

thanx

White95Max
06-29-2005, 09:05 AM
I use an old toothbrush. When my current toothbrush gets worn out, it gets retired to pad cleaning. So each time I get a new toothbrush, the pad-brushing toothbrush gets replaced too.

I think that made sense.

imported_SilverStallion
07-02-2005, 06:11 AM
So, last question on ths issue before I place my order...

Which between the RMG and the VM will be better if I am applying by hand. I spoke with Everett at Clearkote and he did not really give an answer. I want something that I can apply before I use my LSP, Pinnacle Souveran. I will be doing both the Clearkote product and the Souveran by hand. I use my PC primarily for polishing the car with the SSR products and I like to do the rest by hand.

Thoughts, experiences? I would like to order either the VM or RMG later this weekend.

Thanks.

~Darren

White95Max
07-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Get both and decide for yourself :)

I prefer RMG on the paint, and VM on the glass.

Scottwax
07-02-2005, 09:05 AM
So, last question on ths issue before I place my order...

Which between the RMG and the VM will be better if I am applying by hand. I spoke with Everett at Clearkote and he did not really give an answer. I want something that I can apply before I use my LSP, Pinnacle Souveran. I will be doing both the Clearkote product and the Souveran by hand. I use my PC primarily for polishing the car with the SSR products and I like to do the rest by hand.

Thoughts, experiences? I would like to order either the VM or RMG later this weekend.

Thanks.

~Darren

Both can be used by hand with excellent results but I promise if you use the PC to apply either you will be even happier. VM has a very long working time so you can polish out minor defects if you use a polishing pad. RMG is more for added depth that needs little abrasive polishing, just some light cleaning. I used the blue Propel finishing pad with it and RMG practically disappears into the paint.