PDA

View Full Version : Mother`s Fx Spray Wax

h0twire
06-27-2005, 11:13 AM
I just purchased some mother`s fx spray wax for my Jet Black BMW m3. I applied it following the directions putting it on lightly and not allowing it to dry in my garage and when I removed it and look the gloss is very nice and it leaves the surface very slick.

The problem is that when I pull the car out in the sun the wax has streak marks all over. Currently I have one layer of nxt paste and two coats of meg`s #26, but i`m not sure if this could be the problem. I am using the fx as a quick detailer after I have removed all of the dust on the car with a clean microfiber.

If anyone has used this product with success please help me out because If I can get the car to shine in the sun as it does in the garage I would really like to keep using this.

a.k.a. Patrick
06-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Make sure your using a MF. Also after removal in the shade, let the vehicles surface warm a little in the sun, then try removal again. Maybe the oils just need a moment to thin out a little.

Alfisti
06-27-2005, 05:38 PM
http://www.waxforum.com/showthread.php?t=739&highlight=streaking

imported_Larry A
06-27-2005, 06:29 PM
When I first used FX spray I used it on 4 cars of which 1 car was well waxed. On the 3 cars with no wax it came out great. On the car with wax on it it streaked. To get rid of the streakes I used a wet mf followed with a dry mf, and after that I just used FX spray as a wax as you dry. Spray it on a wet car and wiped dry , no streakes. It seems to me Fx spray doesent like other waxes especially carnuba.