PDA

View Full Version : QD... which one to use over WG Sealent and over PinkWax?

Pages : [1] 2

integraoligist
06-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Ok, Black paint... with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on it...

What QD is the best for this application? I`m thinking of giong with a brand i can get locally (i.e. Wal-mart, Pepboys, ect...) I see the NXT Speed Detailer everywhere, but i dont know how well it works on this type of application.

Also, for shows, I will be adding a layer of FK1 Pink Wax... so the QD needs to be "good to go" with just the WG Sealent and Pink Wax at times...

Thanks all for the help!

Wasatch
06-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Meg`s #34 or Mother`s Showtime.

Alfisti
06-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Megs #34, Megs QD, Mothers Showtime, EO W&S.

Glossmaster
06-27-2005, 05:26 PM
I know you mentioned using otc QD`s, but my vote has to go to Pinnacle Crystal Mist & Poorboy`s Spray & Gloss when you`re showing you car.

integraoligist
06-27-2005, 07:01 PM
i`m not firmilure with the #34, is it in a spray container?

Also, havent seen Mothers Showtime, EO W&S (what is the abbr. for?)

Thanks BlkTac for the opinoin on the Pinnacle Crystal Mist & Poorboy`s Spray & Gloss... but yeah, i`m going for the OTC stuff right now.

Thanks again all!

Scottwax
06-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Clearkote`s Quikshine. Best over anything, IMO. Even on ZaneO`s gf`s Tahoe that had been waxed with Souveran a week earlier, you could see a noticable improvement from panel to panel with QS.

Richt
06-28-2005, 04:00 AM
I tend to use Megs F.I or Quikshine over whatever I may be using sealant or carnuba, but at the moment on my own black car, I seem to be reaching for the Sonus Cranuba Spritz when I am at the topped with Carnuba stage.

Glossmaster
06-28-2005, 05:28 AM
Looks like I`ll be picking up some Quickshine! It`s at the point where I need to buy more vehicles just to use all the detailing products I have. (lol) As for otc QD`s, I do like the Mother`s Showtime. Smells great, too!

Richt: I also use a 50/50 mixture of Crystal Mist & Carnauba Spritz over carnaubas. I call it "Crystal Spritz". I use it over Souverean,P21S,Trade Secret,#26,Butter Wet Wax,DP Max Wax & Blitz. Last week I used Spray & Gloss over Butter Wet Wax during my final buff. It looks insane on my black truck.

I`ve also discovered "usplastic.com". Great site when you need to order plastic bottles & sprayers.

Richt
06-28-2005, 05:33 AM
Nice tip will have to give that a try!

Cheers

integraoligist
06-28-2005, 07:41 AM
nice, thanks all for the comments... now i have a good footing on what to start looking for!

Winston Wolf
06-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Keep It Pink with "FK1 #425 Ultra Slick Anti-Static.........." I cant remember the full name. But it is real slick. lasts long and anti-static to boot for what its worth

integraoligist
06-29-2005, 09:49 AM
Keep It Pink with "FK1 #425 Ultra Slick Anti-Static.........." I cant remember the full name. But it is real slick. lasts long and anti-static to boot for what its worth

speaking of that...

i just recieved my Pink wax today... and it came with a free Trial of 425, i think 4oz or so?

Once I put the Pink Wax on i`ll give it a try...

eddieg
06-30-2005, 08:35 PM
I got the same free trial of 425, that was nice of them. I applied it after my waxing session with their pink wax, and so far its been holding up real nice after a week and a half. I just reapplied a bit tonight. That was really nice of them, its not a small trial either :-)

integraoligist
06-30-2005, 10:08 PM
I got the same free trial of 425, that was nice of them. I applied it after my waxing session with their pink wax, and so far its been holding up real nice after a week and a half. I just reapplied a bit tonight. That was really nice of them, its not a small trial either :-)

yeah, how did you apply it? just one squirt per panel or so? or just enough to mist the whole area you were working?

Big Leegr
07-01-2005, 01:52 AM
i`m not firmilure with the #34, is it in a spray container?

Also, havent seen Mothers Showtime, EO W&S (what is the abbr. for?)

#34 is Meguiar`s Final Inspection. It`s in the Mirror Glaze line (tan bottles). You can get it in 16oz. Spray bottles or in gallon refill sizes.

EO W&S is Eagle One Wet Wipe and Shine. Available in most auto parts stores and some department stores.