PDA

View Full Version : hey guys, some help here please :D

mikeswickednick
06-26-2005, 09:36 PM
sorry but this wasnt getting many replies in the univ. section, so could u guys check it out

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58216

thanks

-Mike

scottabir
06-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Both of the responses given in the other thread were very good.

If you are abosultly against machine polishing. I guess that leaves polsihing by hand and using a chemical cleaner such as AIO to remove the oxidation. You are going to have a sore arm if you are going to try and remove all of the swirls...like Setec said in the other thread even with a PC you are probably not going to get all of the marring out. Scottwax (a member here) used to polish cars by hand. He has recommended folding a 100% terry towel into a small square and using that to polish a small area with, turning to a new side often.

That is probably a good idea with AIO also to remove the oxidation.

Lowejackson
06-27-2005, 04:31 AM
Some of those marks look more like scratches than oxidation. I would wash, clay, AIO and then review

White95Max
06-27-2005, 05:37 AM
I would wash, clay, AIO and then review

Ditto.

Do a search for oxidation. You`ll find plenty of information.

Tasty
06-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Yep, if you seriously want those cars to "come back to life" and look good, you are going to have to get a machine polish involved. Whether you pick up a PC and do it yourself, or take it to someone good that`s what it will take. That amount of swirling and scratching will be next to impossible to remove by hand.