PDA

View Full Version : Which order to use Meguiars stuff in?

anaxagoras
06-26-2005, 09:20 PM
I have a bunch of meguiars products and a rio red mustang that i want to detail.

I`ve read a lot, and have a pretty good idea of what i`m doing, but i have a question on what order to use certain products in.

I have the:

#7 show car polish

#26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax

NXT Tech Wax

and the #9 swirl remover 2.0 (i don`t have a Porter Cable so i`m not going to even bother with it until i get one)

I`m just trying to figure out what would be the best order to use that stuff in. I was thinking 7, 26, then NXT.??

Setec Astronomy
06-26-2005, 09:26 PM
The correct order for those products would be 9, 7, NXT, 26. Have you used any of these before?

anaxagoras
06-27-2005, 03:59 AM
I`ve used them once well over a year ago on my old car. After i had used the stuff i got into an accident and ****ed up the paint and never bothed to repair it, and never bothered waxing the car after that either.

Now that I got my Cobra last month i want to try and take care of it.

wannafbody
06-27-2005, 03:14 PM
#9 and #7 have the same carrier oils so using both is probably redundant

Terran
06-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Isn`t #7 a glaze, and isn`t NXT is a cleaner? So I would think the NXT would would remove the show car.

Setec Astronomy
06-27-2005, 03:26 PM
#9 and #7 have the same carrier oils so using both is probably redundant

I would agree that if you are using #9 you can probably skip the 7...I was trying to stay on-question. :)

anaxagoras
06-28-2005, 12:10 AM
well i have the #9 but odn`t want to apply it by hand, so throw it out of the question. I applied it by hand with my old car and hated it. Would the nxt remove the glaze?

Setec Astronomy
06-28-2005, 07:13 AM
NXT has some "specialized cleaners", so it will probably remove some of the #7 glaze. 7 is a PIA, but you need to do something to get the surface prepped or the NXT won`t last. For over-the-counter, and staying in the Meg`s line, you might try Deep Crystal #1 cleaner, I think that will be a little easier to work by hand than the 7 or 9, and should get the surface ready for the NXT.