PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang or FMJ on Black?

imported_Josh
06-26-2005, 03:31 PM
I`ve been itching to try a sealant on my car for some time now, and after a fair amount of research, I`ve narrowed my options down to Wolfgang and FMJ. Which of the two would you recommend for a black car? I`d like the best combination of depth and clarity.

I suppose EX-P is also a consideration, though I originally dismissed it as it`s my understanding it excels on lighter paints.

Thanks,

Josh

Bobsealant
06-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Just curious what criteria made you narrow it down to FMJ or WG? I have both, and while usability and initial slickness are quite good, durability is not so great for either. This is not a positive thing especially if you are looking to use either product during the winter.

As to your initial question, both look very similar on my dark coloured car, I`d imagine black would be no different. So much so I would be surprised if you could tell the difference between the two. I would probably just go with WG based on it`s cheaper cost.

dogma
06-26-2005, 04:23 PM
FMJ , I have FMJ and Blackfire ( same thing as WG ). Blackfire doesn`t seem to be as glossy or slick

JMO.

imported_Josh
06-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the info, guys. Durability isn`t an issue, as the car is garaged and usually driven only a few days a week in nice weather. :)

Josh

im_wicked247
06-26-2005, 08:44 PM
[quote name=`Bobsealant`]Just curious what criteria made you narrow it down to FMJ or WG? I have both, and while usability and initial slickness are quite good, durability is not so great for either. This is not a positive thing especially if you are looking to use either product during the winter.

What product do you recommed if durability is my main concern? :soscared:

Scottwax
06-26-2005, 08:57 PM
I haven`t used FMJ before so I`d recommend either Wolfgang or EX w/carnauba. EX stays slicker longer in my experience.

usdm
06-26-2005, 10:12 PM
WG :xyxthumbs

drewski59
06-27-2005, 05:11 AM
FMJ , I have FMJ and Blackfire ( same thing as WG ).

How do you know they are the same product? I happen to have both, and they act very differently on my paint. :nixweiss

maecrispy
06-27-2005, 06:26 AM
Having used both, and since durability is not a concern, I`d probably go with WG as it`s a bit more wet looking than FMJ (i.e. more carnauba like.)

For that matter, since durability is not a concern, why not slap on a carnauba topper (Natty`s or TS comes to mind.) Then, refresh after every wash with OCW (since it`s so easy to put on/take off.)

Bobsealant
06-27-2005, 07:41 PM
[quote name=`Bobsealant`]Just curious what criteria made you narrow it down to FMJ or WG? I have both, and while usability and initial slickness are quite good, durability is not so great for either. This is not a positive thing especially if you are looking to use either product during the winter.

What product do you recommed if durability is my main concern? :soscared:

Zaino. :)

termigator
06-27-2005, 07:57 PM
I`ve used FMJ and I love the results. Durability has been very good, but I do keep my car in the garage. It has the best look out of anything I`ve used so far. I strongly recommend against topping FMJ. You will be very disappointed with the new look you`ll get. My two cents.

Richt
06-28-2005, 04:02 AM
Apperance wise Poorboys EX with Carnuba or Wolfgang on black everytime for me.

dogma
06-28-2005, 02:52 PM
How do you know they are the same product? I happen to have both, and they act very differently on my paint. :nixweiss

Same company makes them. No biggy there both decent.

Scottwax
06-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Same company makes them. No biggy there both decent.

Same company makes Vanilla Moose and Carnabua Moose and they aren`t the same product.

I still don`t know why you keep harping on this issue. Those who have used both products say there are differences between the two.

chevyguy28
06-28-2005, 03:12 PM
For that matter, UPP and FMJ are very similar, but they are definitely different. These liquid polymer/oil in water emulsion products probably have similar origins, but each have slightly different characteristics.

For maximum durability, use Zaino!

- J