PDA

View Full Version : Marks on new car, happy ending

imported_pdsterns
06-26-2005, 05:02 AM
Picked up a 06 Scion TC in Black Sand Pearl on Wednesday, the car had all the protective plastic already removed so I was not able to do a "Bill D" on it. I looked it over pretty good and it was almost perfect. There are no swirls or cobwebs. There were some marks on the nose just before you get to the hood both sides and some marks on the trunk lid on both sides in the corners next to the C pillars. I was not sure if it was adhesive residue or what. The radio was not available and they said come back Saturday and they should have it and put it in. Saturday rolled around, buzzed over to dealer and everything went smooth. My salesman noticed the marks on the trunk and said they could buff it out at the body shop next week. He was very nice anyway I said no thanks, I would take care of it. I tried some bug and tar on them and realized that they were rubs in the clear. I got out the scratch x and a MF applicator and found that these would take some work. I went at each area about 5 times and got it all off, it took me about an hour total. Applied SX to the pad and rubbed with firm pressure and you could see them dissappearing with each try.

Tasty
06-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Wow, you own a lot of cars. And a wide spectrum of cars as well. How do you like your V? We just got an `05 AWD SE. Miss my V6 Accord. Like those new Tcs.

BigAl3
06-26-2005, 09:48 PM
those scion tc`s (nice body lines) are one of the best bang for the buck out there today. post some pics? :p

imported_pdsterns
06-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Wow, you own a lot of cars. And a wide spectrum of cars as well. How do you like your V? We just got an `05 AWD SE. Miss my V6 Accord. Like those new Tcs.

CRV is very nice, wife drives it most of the time. It feels alot like the Element only a little softer ride. All the same running gear and brakes, just larger tires.

Bill D
06-30-2005, 01:49 PM
..... the car had all the protective plastic already removed so I was not able to do a "Bill D" on it.

Awww.. :o ;)

imported_Jinba ittai
06-30-2005, 01:56 PM
My salesman noticed the marks on the trunk and said they could buff it out at the body shop next week. He was very nice anyway I said no thanks, I would take care of it. I tried some bug and tar on them and realized that they were rubs in the clear. I got out the scratch x and a MF applicator and found that these would take some work. I went at each area about 5 times and got it all off, it took me about an hour total. Applied SX to the pad and rubbed with firm pressure and you could see them dissappearing with each try.

Think of it this way, you saved a LOT of time by not having to take out the swirl marks which the dealer`s bodyshop surely would`ve put on the paint in their attempt to take out those marks. :cooleek:

I love Scratch X for just that type of job, taking out marring on a specific area. It`s great for "touching up" the car here and there as needed. :bigups