PDA

View Full Version : What do you use on powedercoat....brushguards, nerf bars..

Beason
06-25-2005, 09:39 PM
I have always left my Nerf Bars, Brush and Taillight guards alone and only washed them. The manfacture suggest using a wax with no polishes because it would mess up the powder coat. Would AIO, VM, NXT be of to use on it?

Tasty
06-26-2005, 08:25 PM
I think AIO might be a good solution. It leaves some protection behind, and obviously cleans well. Would just be time consuming in those kinds of areas. I actually want to do my whole grill on my `95 GMC, but it will take a while. I did a test spot and the AIO really darkened it up/cleaned it nicely. NXT has slight cleaning properties, but not as good as AIO would be.

imported_themightytimmah
06-26-2005, 09:16 PM
I think by polishes they mean abrasives. You should be ok with any of the aformentioned, as I highly doubt that chemical cleaners would mess up baked powdercoat, but personally I`d use whatever I have a lot of kicking around. Probably EX at the moment.

Accumulator
06-27-2005, 07:47 AM
I`ve used AIO topped with UPP on the 9C1`s powdercoated wheels. I try to be very gentle with the AIO though.

rollman
06-27-2005, 02:23 PM
I think by polishes they mean abrasives. You should be ok with any of the aformentioned, as I highly doubt that chemical cleaners would mess up baked powdercoat, but personally I`d use whatever I have a lot of kicking around. Probably EX at the moment.

:bigups good advice. Use whatever you have alot of .