PDA

View Full Version : Seen my friend detail today, i was shocked!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kool_ZX3
06-25-2005, 05:58 PM
I stopped in today to see a good friend of mine and he was washing his car, i havn`t seen such a bad wash in my life, dirt still everywhere. It is about 30 some degress celcius today and he was waxing his car in direct sunlight, car was burning hot to the touch. Wax was all baked on the hood, using a ****** old buffer with ****** pads and using ****** rags on his paint for buffing. I was so discouraged i told him take it to me someday and i will do it for you. He loves his car but my god the way he was going about everything was discouraging. I was cringing watching him do it. I was like get yourself some god mf`s or good terry towels and some better products, i had to say something to the poor guy before he ruined everything :help:

BigAl3
06-25-2005, 06:06 PM
i know what you mean. i was jogging around the neighborhood one afternoon and saw some guy use a very long coarse looking brush on his brand new full size truck. and just the other day, some guy was using those red shop rags to wash and dry his cars.:nervous2:

Kool_ZX3
06-25-2005, 06:08 PM
He was using a brush to wash his car to, like not a soft brush either :nomore:

Another guy around here use those bags of rags u can get at walmart to apply and buff of wax on his 2002 collector`s edition trans am, those yellow ones with the black graphics and stuff, yup that car using bags of rags :rofl

BigAl3
06-25-2005, 06:14 PM
He was using a brush to wash his car to, like not a soft brush either :nomore:

Another guy around here use those bags of rags u can get at walmart to apply and buff of wax on his 2002 collector`s edition trans am, those yellow ones with the black graphics and stuff, yup that car using bags of rags :rofl

it was a dark colored truck too, i can only imagine looking at it in direct sunlight after he was done. :hide:

JeffM
06-25-2005, 06:19 PM
That aint nothin`

Today at the gas station, i saw a dude begin to use the windshield squeegy on his hood, after he did the windshield......

J.J.
06-25-2005, 06:22 PM
That`s hillarious! My wife and I were out walking the other day and there was this lady washing her PT cruiser. She and her three kids were outside srubing it down with what looked like old dish rags. SHe was sloppin` water all around hap-hazardly with the dish rag and yellin`, "get back here we ain`t done yet" :lol:

JJ

BigAl3
06-25-2005, 06:23 PM
That aint nothin`

Today at the gas station, i saw a dude begin to use the windshield squeegy on his hood, after he did the windshield......

i`ve actually seen that as well, using the dirty squeegy to clean the whole car! :scared:

drewski59
06-25-2005, 08:31 PM
i`ve actually seen that as well, using the dirty squeegy to clean the whole car! :scared:

I`ve seen a woman do her new Mercedes E500 that way....and it was BLACK! :bawling: :nervous2: :furious:

audipower
06-25-2005, 11:34 PM
I just buffed out 1500 grit sand paper marks on a `37 triple black Ford. After it was painted he decided to sand it himself and told me he used buffed it with 3000 grit 3M Rubbing Compound. I worked on it for 3 hrs and couldn`t get it out swaring. I got in a argument with him and he told me he used the 3000 and applied it by HAND!!! I just looked at him like what a f-ing idiot! "It worked alright". It only works "alright" when your hand moves 10,000 rpm`s. After applying the 3000 to my orange pad and going to town they smoothed out. Then I used SFX-1 with orange pad and wa-la! Of course I used Sfx-2 and 3 after. Then the guy was pissed I charged him for the 3 hrs becasue he`s and idiot!

imported_krsjuan
06-25-2005, 11:45 PM
That aint nothin`

haha last year I was filling up at the gas station and I see an old guy at the pump next to me doing that to his brand new S class. This thing still had the dealer plates on it. I was giving him a :scared: face and I guess he thought I was admiring his work so he said, " Looks good huh?. I didn`t know what to say so I just gave a nervous :eek: :up

JeffM
06-26-2005, 05:59 AM
I used to use a big soft boat sponge and dish soap, so i cant point any fingers hahahaha.

My wife had a z3 at the time, and my truck was fire engine red. :wall

Most people just look past the swirls, and accept that they are just a part of paint. :nixweiss

jocktheglide
06-26-2005, 05:53 PM
it happens after being on this forum I learned a lot of stuff and know when I watch my friends and family do a car washa and try to clean their car its scary thinking I did the same darn thing to my cars in the past. I was trying to explain to them about claying, but they didnt believe it and told them after washing your car and waxing it run your hand over the car with a zip lock bag and feel how rough it still is. they couldnt believe it they felt bumps.........

Tasty
06-26-2005, 08:51 PM
The horror...the horror...

These stories make me sick to my stomach now. I point this kind of stuff out all the time to my wife now when riding around the neighborhood. Everyone wants their car to look nice, but honestly most people don`t even have a clue how to WASH properly. You don`t have to be an Autopian to have common sense. I guess that`s why all of the guys on here end up working on cars with such horrifying swirls. Look what people do to them!! :soscared:

blackcarwoes
06-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Have you guys ever thought that maybe we are just paranoid?

Tasty
06-26-2005, 09:01 PM
US?? Nooooo. :chuckle: