PDA

View Full Version : First time with PC

vtecXgen
06-25-2005, 01:38 PM
I decided to buck up and get a PC finally, after doing like 4 jobs by hand. The difference between 2500-6000 opm versus my 40 opm is amazing. The job turned out really great except for some scratches that I couldn`t get out but that likely was because all 4 pads I used were Meg W8006a, I`ll be sure to get some more aggressive ones later. I used a 3M HookIt plate and the one of my concerns was that everytime I tried replacing a pad it would require A LOT of effort and I did tear one pad :wall . Is this normal? Also when polishing at 6 it required a lot of effort to keep it stable. Also, after washing pads, can you use different products than the ones that you had previously used before? And what pads would be better for future details? Sonus vs LHC?

Accumulator
06-25-2005, 02:44 PM
I decided to buck up and get a PC finally, after doing like 4 jobs by hand. The difference between 2500-6000 opm versus my 40 opm is amazing. The job turned out really great except for some scratches that I couldn`t get out but that likely was because all 4 pads I used were Meg W8006a, I`ll be sure to get some more aggressive ones later. I used a 3M HookIt plate and the one of my concerns was that everytime I tried replacing a pad it would require A LOT of effort and I did tear one pad :wall . Is this normal? Also when polishing at 6 it required a lot of effort to keep it stable. Also, after washing pads, can you use different products than the ones that you had previously used before? And what pads would be better for future details? Sonus vs LHC?

If you want to use a cutting pad, I`d get something *other than* the burgundy Meg`s 7-series one.

I never had a problem with the velcro being that strong, but maybe it`s because mine aren`t as new as yours.

IMO you`ll get used to the behavior at speed 6.

I would only use *more* aggressive products if you want to reuse a pad with something different. I`d worry about getting all the old stuff out.

Everybody has an opinion about pads....but yeah, Sonus and Lake are good (aren`t the Sonus ones relabeled Lake pads?).