PDA

View Full Version : New products.

Pages : [1] 2 3

JJ_
06-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Hi guys, im in the market for some new products, I currently use P21s wax, poorboys stuff, 1z and meguiars.

I am interested in a new

Detail Spray : 1z detail spray, final inspection

Polish : AIO, SSR1, Wolfgang? , Zaino? , Pinnacle? , Menzerna?

Sealant : SG, UPP, Blackfire (sp), Wolfgang, Menzerna, zaino,

Wax : Moose wax from clearkote.

Just a rough idea of what Im looking for.

-I need a new detail spray especially with all the shows coming up.

-The polish is just to get the best out of my paintwork really. I do have some very slight swirls, i like to have an abrassive polish too since you always seem to pick up scratches on a daily driver.

-The sealant i woudl like it something that boosts the metallic and is durable, since im in my last year at university I just dont have the same amount of time as I had before.

-The wax is to give it a nice wet look for shows and add some warmth.

Could anyone with a good idea how these products perform please add to the post.

Thank u :brit

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/JJ_/Astra/100_0039.jpg

sonus paint cleanser and one layer of EX-P

Pic of my GM blue metallic (europa blue). I heard it was a pearlescent colour so it also has purple flakes.

Accumulator
06-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Hi guys, im in the market for some new products, I currently use P21s wax, poorboys stuff, 1z and meguiars.

I am interested in a new

Just a rough idea of what Im looking for.

-I need a new detail spray especially with all the shows coming up.

-The polish is just to get the best out of my paintwork really. I do have some very slight swirls, i like to have an abrassive polish too since you always seem to pick up scratches on a daily driver.

-The sealant i woudl like it something that boosts the metallic and is durable, since im in my last year at university I just dont have the same amount of time as I had before.

-The wax is to give it a nice wet look for shows and add some warmth.

Could anyone with a good idea how these products perform please add to the post.

1) I`d pick something that`ll go with your sealant. I like #34 but not for this. I`d pick 4-Star UGE based on the following:

2)-3) Best polish/sealant combo for bringing out metal flake that *I`ve* ever used is 1Z Pro MP topped with UPP. Literally blinding in bright sun, with incredible "dazzle" from the metallic. I wouldn`t top it with wax, you`d probably mute the effect. But if you really want a wax, then I`d use:

4) Souveran. Doesn`t MW have some chemical cleaners in it?

JJ_
06-25-2005, 11:06 AM
Im not sure accumulator, need to check this out.

If it does no point or need for it in my collection ( i say that now, wait a couple of months and ill be buying it - just to test of course ;) ) lol!

Souvern is very good I hear really good things about it.

I will buy more things anyway. I sometimes like metallic, sometimes I like gloss/wetness and depth.

So far ill pick up 4* UPP and UGE along with 1Z MP and souvern once finances stretch! lol.

Whats next for some wetness and depth?

515colfelt
06-25-2005, 11:13 AM
I found Wolfgang over AIO gave a great "wet look", but I`ve not tried it on a dark metallic yet. It`s certainly user friendly!

Peter

magictouch24
06-25-2005, 11:15 AM
I am also very interested in Moose Wax... Can anyone confirm/deny if it has cleaners in it?

JJ_
06-25-2005, 11:46 AM
I really want to try the klasse twins for my winter detail as its supposed to have a good look and also last *longish* lol.

Intercooled
06-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Zaino!! :spot

JJ_
06-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Hey intercooled, what products will I be looking for exactly, as I am totally new to the use of Zaino dude!

Intercooled
06-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Check out thier web site. http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

They have all sorts of great products.

buellwinkle
06-25-2005, 12:26 PM
I like NXT tech wax over the AIO. I`ve used AIO for many years but it`s hard to work with, you have to use a moist towel to put it on, do small sections at a time and then wipe it off as it starts to dry, timing is important. With NXT you can just do the entire car, wait 15 minutes and remove the wax, no dust, dries clear and shines the same as AIO and last almost as long as the AIO. If you want a wax/sealant and are up for a commercial product, Meg`s #21 is their latest that some reviews say it`s great. I`m waiting to run out of NXT before I try it. As for polish, I would go with more commercial products from Malco or Meg`s like Meg`s #80 and #83 (depending on the condition of the paint) or Malco`s Light Finish, Rejuvenator or Foam Pad Polish. And save the moose for your hair.

JJ_
06-25-2005, 03:32 PM
I have all the products you stated buellwinkle, minus the AIO. I like the shine nxt gives but there are a few others that do it better and last longer too. But its always good to have a good database of peoples feedback on tap!

JJ

JJ_
06-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Sorry I mean to ask

What is zaino`s sealant so to speak. I read through and thought i *need* (term i use loosely on autopia) lol!

The zaino wash?

ZFX

Z2

Z5

Z8

What I understand is that it includes something to remove swirls, polish the paintwork and seal it?

Richt
06-26-2005, 01:06 AM

Not yet used the 1z FI used to be my QD of Choice. These days much prefer Clearkote Quickshine or Sonus Carnuba Spritz.

Wouldnt be without AIO or Carlack68 in my range now make a fantastic base for most details. The SSR range and the Merzernas are both on my list now I have the PC

SG I is a hard one to get on with but yeilds great durability, I love the look off Wolfgang on my black car but find it hard to pic weather I like it or EX with Carnuba. The Wolfgang has a bit more Gloss the EX looks more deep.

Looks great on your colour car. Used it alot on my old 205.

Looking at the colour off your Astra I would be tempted to do

Megs Speed Glaze, Clearkote VM, Poorboys EX with Carnuba and top with Nattys/CMW or P21s/S100

The above process on a nice blue using the Nattys

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/RichTreen/Cleaning%20Test/205-ex-nattys2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/RichTreen/Cleaning%20Test/205-ex-nattys3.jpg

JJ_
06-26-2005, 03:24 AM
Funnily enough thats exactly what I use on the car just now.

Was just looking for a break, but i feel speed glaze looks so good on blue that it would be difficult to find something that could give it a run for its money.

JJ_
06-26-2005, 06:45 AM
So what zaino stuff should I be looking at getting.

I now have a good shopping list.

Wolfgang

Zaino

Klasse twins

Pinnacle Souvern

some 1z stuff

new sonus pads for the new polish etc

sonus spritz

CK stuff.