PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Souverän / Signature wax

Pages : [1] 2

MattieUK
06-25-2005, 04:17 AM
Hi,

I am new to this detailing hobby (obsession!), and have heard good things about the Pinnacle waxes on silver.

Now the question is which is best on silver Souveran or Signiture. Also do Pinnacle sell samples of each wax type so joe public can try before they buy?

Any help / advice appreaciated

imported_themightytimmah
06-25-2005, 05:44 AM
I think Signature is formulated for lighter colors. I have Souveran, and while it looks fine in silver, it really only comes out on red or black. Its just not worth the money on silver.

SilverLexus
06-25-2005, 06:38 AM
Strongly disagree. It works very well on silver...I chose it very carefully after a lot of experimentation with sealants and other carnaubas like P21S, Paste Glaz, Signature, and Natty`s.

It layers nicely over AIO I might add. Greg has also had good results on his Solara.

Souveran imparts a wet look to silver that we like while being as reflective as P21S.

TW85 HHI
06-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Souveran or Paste Glaz are superior, in my opinion, to Signature (I really am not all that impressed with it), even on light colors. Paste Glaz is no longer available under the Pinnacle label but I have a strong belief that it has returned under the Detailer`s Pride brand as there are just too many similarities for the DP to be a unique formula. Souveran and Paste Glaz give a look that is not quite matched by anything else.

imported_COBRyan
06-25-2005, 12:37 PM
I was not all that impressed with Paste Glaz`s beading or durability, but it was a very easy wax to use. I must say it did look very good on my car too. The smell of Signature is probably the finest of all my products. I have not smelled Souveran, but I can`t imagine it smelling better than Signature!

515colfelt
06-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Signature is definitely a quality product - it adds glow and depth. I bought it specifically for my car`s colour

(Thunder Grey)

Peter

SilverLexus
06-25-2005, 02:02 PM
"I have not smelled Souveran, but I can`t imagine it smelling better than Signature!"

Souveran actually smells the best of all the Pinnacle waxes. :)

MattieUK
06-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Guys

Thanks for the replies.

Today I tried some 1Z metalic polish topped with 1Z Glanz. Quite impressed with the overall finish but not a noticable difference to that of Megs NXT. I suppose I am looking for the tried and tested product which can give silver the optimum finish, while giving durable protection.

There is so many products and combinations available, a newbie like myself can: a) Get very confused :confused: and b) Spend a fortune on various products!!!!!

Can you add product over Glanz/Nxt to enhance the finish??? If so what is you recommendations?

Thanks again for your replies :up

Carl Anderson
06-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Yesterday I put Souveran on my wife`s "bamboo" Lexus RX330. This is a very light color very close to silver. I just washed with QEW and then went straigt to the wax; no clay, no polish. It looks incredibly good. I second the motion that Souveran is an excellent choice for any color. I bought it for my Jet Black M3 but find I use it on everything. And my favorite combination is to apply it directly over Klasse AIO sans sealant.

And as far as cost is concerned I would say that the $1-2 per application for Souveran paste wax is a bargain.

JeffM
06-25-2005, 07:07 PM
I would try Natty`s. Very nice on silver.

Or Z2pro

TW85 HHI
06-25-2005, 09:19 PM
I was not all that impressed with Paste Glaz`s beading or durability

Durability should not even come to mind when using a Pinnacle wax. They are beauty waxes that are a pleasure to use. :spot

Casebrius
06-25-2005, 09:48 PM
And as far as cost is concerned I would say that the $1-2 per application for Souveran paste wax is a bargain.

So you can do 25 cars with a tin of Souveran?

Scottwax
06-25-2005, 09:54 PM
I would try Natty`s. Very nice on silver.

Or Z2pro

I would agree. Natty`s looks incredibly wet on light colors and Zaino (or even UPP or EX-P) really can`t be beat on silver if you prefer a sealant.

Richt
06-26-2005, 01:14 AM
I tested Souveran and Signature side by side on my Black car the other month and over a good prep there is a very very slight edge to the apperance *just* to the Souveran. On my dads Silver car couldnt spot the difference between them or say S100 or Nattys.

My fave Combo on SIlver is still AIO, 1Z Glanz Wax topped with P21s.

Alfisti
06-26-2005, 03:12 AM
I fully detailed a silver minivan (used for wheelchair transport) last week with AIO and Nattys...I was so impressed by the wetness Nattys created to the finish.

The owner was a close friends` elderly mother-in-law who suffered a serious stroke and is in a wheelchair now. Although she can`t speak, my friend said she displayed satisfaction and pride at the results of her `re-newed` transport. Everytime she uses it she registers pride.

I feel really emotional knowing that. :cry:

Thankyou AIO and Nattys.