PDA

View Full Version : What SSR with what propel pad and what detail steps??

impulsebrklyn
06-24-2005, 11:33 PM
I have some medium to light swirls and marks I would like to remove from one of my vehicles. Im pretty much set on the propel pads(unless someone has a reason why not) and some poor boys. I was thinking some SSR2 should do it but what pad should I use with it. Also after I use the SSR2 should I step down to a the SSR1 with a lighter pad. Then move onto my Zaino Z-5 and Z-2pro??? I need help im new to all this. Should I be adding some steps?? Recommendations please. Thanks Chris

J.J.
06-25-2005, 05:38 AM
Basic process is as follows:

1. Wash

2. Clay

3. Polish with your SSRs. I would use SSR 2.5 the SSR 1

4. LSP

Depending on the swirl severity, use either the green or orange pad witth the SSR 2.5/2 and then the green pad again with the SSR 1. If your swrils aren`t too bad, you may be able to go straight from 2.5 with a green pad directly to LSP. Look for micromarring to determine if this is plausible.

JJ

College Commish
06-25-2005, 07:17 AM
I just used SSR 2.5 with a green propel pads last weekend on my explorer, sounds like a similiar condition to your car, it worked really well. This was my first time using my PC, amazing what it can do. Followed up with SSR 1 on a blu pad and you are good to go.

impulsebrklyn
06-25-2005, 07:36 AM
I went out this morning and took a really good look at the car. Its more like medium plus marring (that spiderweb effect?) with a light swirl. Would this require a SSR 2.5 or a 2???? Oh for the newbie here what is LSP? Thanks Chris

J.J.
06-25-2005, 08:14 AM
I would always buy the 2.5. It is a better swirl remover with excellent breakdown properties. I have plenty of SSR 2, PM me if interested. LSP = Last Step Products, Zaino in your case

JJ

White95Max
06-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Try a small area with SSR2. If it doesn`t work to your satisfaction, use SSR2.5. Simple as that.

impulsebrklyn
06-25-2005, 12:49 PM
For applying the Zaino with the PC would I use the Blue pad or the Grey pad. I want to buy a few extra of those since i will be using those the most. Im assuming the Blue`s, the grey seem like they are for super light milky polishes/waxes/selants. How many vehicles do you think one pad will last. 10 or more??

White95Max
06-25-2005, 01:55 PM
One finishing pad (grey) will last a long time. The polishing/cutting pads are put through a lot of abuse on speed 6 and with applied pressure and such, so they will not last as long. Finishing pads rarely take any pressure and I always use mine on speed 2-3 when applying waxes/sealants so they still look/work like new.

impulsebrklyn
06-25-2005, 02:29 PM
so does one pad sample kit (one of each pad) plus 2 blue and 1 green extra sound good? Would I use the grey or the blue to put the zaino z2pro on or the z5?? Chris

J.J.
06-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Green is the go- to pad for most in the propel line. I use grey pads for paste wax and blue pads for liquid waxes/ sealants like EX and EX-P.

JJ

White95Max
06-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Yeah that`s probably adequate, unless you plan to detail for others as well. If that`s the case you may want 2 yellow pads, since it`s nice to have 2 clean pads for a detail. It`s nicer than having to clean a pad full of oxidation and use it again.