PDA

View Full Version : What kind of polish?

blackmillenia
06-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Hey i have a black mazda and I was wondering what is the best polish for getting out light swirls in the paint and also what kind of microfiber towels to get?

scottabir
06-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Pakshak ultra towels are some of the best in my book. For ease of use I would suggest Poorboys SSR2, megs #80 are two polishes that come to mind that leave great finishes for mild marring.

brwill2005
06-23-2005, 03:24 PM
For light swirls, check out Optimum`s Car Polish. Great stuff. As far as MF`s, most of the sponsers carry high quality towels.

imported_reeeko99
06-23-2005, 03:41 PM
You do have options.

Hand or PC ?

What products do you have ?

How much time do you want to spend keeping it maintained ?

You should start with the light stuff and see how the results turn out.

Some people like ClearKote Vanilla Moose or Red Machine Glaze. Some like Poorboys SSR1.

I`ve done Poorboys SSR1, PwC, and then EXx2 with great results on my 04 Nighthawk Black Civic SI. Nice deep wet look. Going on 3 months with this combo.

Use a good WW towel for removing 80% of the water, then chase afterward with some Spray and Gloss and a Microfiber towel to remove any remaining water and give the paint some pop This removes the last of the water or streaks.

Tip: Spray and Gloss - less is better. Don`t soak the towel or paint with it.

I have 3M FC polish and 3M SMR. The 3M FC did remove some deeper swirls and followed up with SSR1 to remove any remaining hazing. 3M SMR didn`t really stand out for me.

You may need something heavier duty if you want to get into more serious Swirl removal.

SSR2.5, DACP, and Optimum Polish are highly praised products.

OP sounds like it does double duty depending on the pad you use. So that is a cool option.

32oz for less than $15 is a steal.

SSR1 and EX is nice to have for black cars. Easy to use.

Top with some Trade Secret or other fine wax.

I`ve been playing with Colllinite 874? and looks pretty nice as well. Nice tight beeds...

I`m looking forward to trying the RMG /EX combo soon.

Not sure if it will be any better than SSR1/PwC/EX ? But thats half the fun.

Good luck.

Black looks killer when clean, but is a bear to keep perfect.

Don`t get down on yourself trying to keep it maintained.

Pick a point your comfortable keeping it at, it`s gonna get some scratchs and swirls over time.

wannafbody
06-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Mothers PowerPolish is supposed to be a touch more aggressive than #80 and available locally at PepBoys :xyxthumbs

Tasty
06-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Does Pepboys carry the Reflections line too? I will have to seek out a Pepboys here in the Houston area. I can not find the new Mother`s stuff anywhere.

wannafbody
06-23-2005, 07:00 PM
some carry some of the Reflections line