PDA

View Full Version : removing dog/cat hair

ROKABLOK
12-27-2004, 11:04 PM
does anyone know of a good way to remove dog/cat hair from the interior

NEW AGAIN
12-28-2004, 01:56 AM
Lint roller found local @ Wally world, K-Mart or Target or you can Mist lite with water then vacuum with brush,

EBPcivicsi
12-28-2004, 08:00 AM
Wetting the area with water and then wiping with latex gloves works well,

TOL and Meguiars both sell a mitt that is made of the "hook" part of velcro. The mitt is about $8 and works great.

I have also heard of spraying anti-static spray (like the products that some women use to avoid static in clothing) on the hair to break the bond, then vacuuming. I have not personally tried this method, but it maybe something to look into.

Poorboy
12-28-2004, 09:59 AM
I like the sticky paper lint rollers and then you throw the paper away..it`s a little more expensive but worth it to me...

tubafeak
12-28-2004, 10:33 AM
I use a wisk broom, it takes a little while, but if you run the vac while your doing it you get all of the gritty stuff as well as the hair, and you really see the interior, which is a benefit when you`re doing a full detail.

Jug Head
12-28-2004, 03:34 PM
wrap some duct tape on your hand (sticky side out) works great also!

Phil
12-28-2004, 07:48 PM
thats what I do, Id like to try the hand mitt option posted as well

probegt
12-28-2004, 07:53 PM
I use a rubber glove and got the hair in a pile and sucked it up with my shop vac.

shotime
12-28-2004, 08:23 PM
I use a rubber brush and glass cleaner. I`ve tried those mitts and they`ve never worked for me.

What`s everyone charging for hair removal? I`m charging $35. I`m alergic to pet hair so I have to make up for the medicine I have to take.

denverdetail
12-28-2004, 11:39 PM
The single most effective weapon for dealing with animal hair is your hand!

Wet your hand and wipe an area. Vacuum up the hair.

That`s it!

Super helpful hint:
1. Your hand will pick up hair the best when it is damp, not overly wet. To keep it from drying out, keep a wet towel near by so you can keep your hand damp while you are sweeping and vacuuming up the hair.

Here`s a shout out to all my friends at DC. :phone: It`s been awhile!

karwaxer
12-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi I Use A Playtex Rubber Glove Pull All Hair To One Spot And Vac It Up Works Great!! I Also Charge An Extra Fee For This $15 For Cars And $25 - $35 For Vans And Suvs

TDMAN
12-29-2004, 11:58 PM
I`ve also seen a "pet hair removal brush". I think Top Of the Line sells them. I have never used one, but I will be buying one soon because it seems like a cheap way to remove pet hair, although nothing is cheaper than using your hand damp. Good ideas.