PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Mothers Reflection QD?

BMW645
06-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Hey guys. Anyone here use Mothere Reflection Quick Detail? It comes in a red bottle.

What do you guys think of it?

Well, I don`t know if I like it or not. It comes out too thick, almost, but not exactly like putting on liquid carnauba wax. Because of that, it sort of defeats the purpose of being a quick detailer. The sprayer doesn`t seem to be all that good. It first comes out as a stream of liquid carnauba, then a spray mist (which I want), then back to a stream.

I thought I just received a bad bottle the first time, but the 2nd bottle I bought was the same thing. I`d really like to dilute the product to `mist` better and to spread on more easily. What should I do to do that? Or is this product not worth it?

What do you recommend for a quick detailer? I want something I can use after a wash, and doesn`t have any cleaning properties (if possible, or very little cleaning properties.)

Also, I have a bottle of Liquid Soveran that I don`t use. Is there anyways I can dilute this and use it as a quick detailer? Thanks for your time.

[Adding some detail here: It`s the Mother`s Reflection Advanced Spray Wax and I`m wondering if I should just spray it on, while I dry my car. Maybe the water droplets will make it easier to spread the wax?]

Wasatch
06-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Is this QD called "Showtime"? Some other QDs: Chemical Guy`s Spray Wax and QD, Adam`s Detail Spray, ClearKote Quik Shine, Meg`s #34, Mother`s Showtime.

imported_seikoguy
06-23-2005, 10:43 AM
As you already stated in your corrected post, Mothers Reflection Advanced Spray Wax is....a spray-on wax. It is NOT a quick-detailer. The way to apply it is, spray on - either directly onto the body panel, or spray onto the applicator, then wipe/spread it on the body panel. Allow it some time to haze over, then buff off.

BMW645
06-23-2005, 01:42 PM
As you already stated in your corrected post, Mothers Reflection Advanced Spray Wax is....a spray-on wax. It is NOT a quick-detailer. The way to apply it is, spray on - either directly onto the body panel, or spray onto the applicator, then wipe/spread it on the body panel. Allow it some time to haze over, then buff off.

Oh, okay. But, I could have sworn the bottle said in subtitles `quick detailer`.

wannafbody
06-23-2005, 02:06 PM
if you get a small hair spray type bottle at walmart you might be able to mist it fine enough to use as a Wipe on/wipe off product- I do that with NXT booster

imported_seikoguy
06-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Actually, if you`re looking for a "spray on, wipe off" product, you may want to consider the Mothers FX Spray Wax that was designed to complement the FX Synwax. I use it myself to "touch up" cars that have Mothers Reflections on. It`s a true "quick detailer" product. Both Reflections and Synwax are synthetics so I didn`t see any harm in using it. It works just fine, really and leaves the surface very clean and slick. I have the complete line of Mothers Reflections and Synwax in my inventory of products and the Reflections Spray Wax gets the least use. I can put on a layer of the Reflections Top Coat just about as fast. For a true QD, the Synwax Spray Wax works great. I know, I know, both are called "Spray Wax" but only one is a true "spray on, wipe off" QD.

Alfisti
06-23-2005, 06:59 PM
For a true QD, the Synwax Spray Wax works great. I know, I know, both are called "Spray Wax" but only one is a true "spray on, wipe off" QD.

Not trying to be technical here, but both are not just *called* Spray Wax, they *are* Spray Wax. They just have different methods of applicaton. But, no harm in using Synwax spray as a QD. :up

Mothers only QD is Showtime, which is one of the better ones.

imported_seikoguy
06-23-2005, 07:05 PM
They just have different methods of applicaton.

No arguments there.

Mothers only QD is Showtime, which is one of the better ones.

Again, I concur. One of the more underrated and overlooked products. Works well with synthetic sealants, as well as carnauba-topped LSPs. A fine allrounder and easily available just about everywhere.

imported_hadboosttroy
06-23-2005, 09:41 PM
No arguments there.

Again, I concur. One of the more underrated and overlooked products. Works well with synthetic sealants, as well as carnauba-topped LSPs. A fine allrounder and easily available just about everywhere.

showtime is the best smelling product i have ever used :)

braindead
06-23-2005, 11:18 PM
:bigups :bigups :bigups

BTW, I notice Mothers spray nozzles have a "spray" & a "stream" section on either side...

may be why you`re getting different misting results at different times...

first time I came across one of these nozzles I shot a stream of QD past the roof of the car onto my brothers shoulder.... he was not impressed :doh

not sure why you`d need a stream option?

:rofl